POLL:Are you getting your 8 hours of sleep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
No. I got 3 or 4 the past 2 nights, I want to die. At least I wouldn't have to hear that frickin' alarm again.
mad.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: Medea. "And women, though most helpless in doing good deeds, are of every evil the cleverest of contrivers."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Sleep?? I prefer to stay awake until I'm delusional and hallucinating. It's much more fun than my real life!
biggrin.gif

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Sleep?? I prefer to stay awake until I'm delusional and hallucinating. It's much more fun than my real life!
biggrin.gif

It's great, isn't it? I only do it in the summer though. Right now I'm getting about 6 and a half hours of sleep. 7 and over I tend to be more tired when I wake then when I went to sleep.

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

No Swallow, i dont get enough sleep
mad.gif

I also dont get enough nicoteine since i quit 5 days ago.
mad.gif

Im quite lacking in many areas right now.

grrrrrrrrr.

mad.gif

I can stay calm....and not eat any more...tooo sleepy anyway....
mad.gif

IM ok, thnx for asking.

Oh, no one asked me yet....
mad.gif

I NEED SLEEP AND A CIGARETTE! IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!!!!!!!

Johnny:

I wish I could tell you that things will get better, but alas....

I don't have a family now (just my "puppy" - an overgrown 8 year old Dalmatian), but sleep just becomes more elusive and luxurious as you mature.

I went on a week-long business trip to Spain. It was a scientific conference where I presented data that my group and I had gathered. While the trip sounds exotic, it was a lot of work and little sleep was obtained. I often had to grab a few hours sleep in the afternoon in order to accomplish all that I had to in the mornings and evenings. Twice in the past week I didn't sleep for a full 25 hours and one night I slept only about 4 hours.

It all depends on your career and family. I don't have a family now, so I often recoup my sleep losses - due to my career - on the weekends. If I did have a family, I would just have to adapt to having 4-6 hours of sleep a day.

So enjoy what sleep you do get now, because from my own experience, it doesn't get better.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
No Swallow, i dont get enough sleep
mad.gif

I also dont get enough nicoteine since i quit 5 days ago.
mad.gif

Im quite lacking in many areas right now.

grrrrrrrrr.

Congratulations on quitting! Hope it works out for you!

I got less than 8 hours of sleep last night but I usually sleep at least eight, unless I have a horrible time getting to sleep, which does happen. And whether I get more or less than eight hours, I'm usually exhausted. I think that I'm usually sleeping either too much or too little.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

I don't think so, or at least it doesn't feel like it!...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

I usually get 7 hours of sleep
I definately need 8 hours of sleep

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I'm a university student...I've forgotten what sleep is.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Sleeping rules.

I think I would do it all day long if I could.

Although the question should be: are you getting less sleep for a good reason?
smile.gif

Foxxern no function well sleep without.

No sleep here. Not counting last night, I think I've had a total of 8 hours of sleep in the previous 3 days. But usually I get around 5-6 hours a night, except on weekends when I try to make up that lost sleep. Mmmm, waking up at 2 PM on Saturday.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Probably average 6-6.5 hrs during the week. Try to get 8 on weekends.
If you can't get 8 a night, a power nap during the day can help(JFK was a big proponent of these, and Reagan was known to take them inadvertently during national security meetings
smile.gif
). Of course nodding off at my desk doesn't reflect well, so my napping days ended when college did.

Blarg!! I get about mmmm 6 hours sleep a nite.. on a good nite.

Ang... I cannot quit.. it is impossible... please tell your secret..

* sneaks ang a ciggy

Smoker.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

In college its expected not to get too much sleep but I was hoping that someday after I graduated that I would start getting more again but frankly your little updates, they make me sad.

haha in college i thought all people did was sleep all day and go out at night

when you "grow up" (ie get a proper job) you rarely sleep more than 7 or 8 hours. and god help you when you get kids
smile.gif

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
No. I got 3 or 4 the past 2 nights, I want to die. At least I wouldn't have to hear that frickin' alarm again.
mad.gif

Diamonds never rust, nor sleep..
D
B

PS-"diamondtip"-Try Kava-Kava-nice over the counter herb for "diamondrelaxation"..(w/little side effects)

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 10-05-2001).]

Sleep has been impossible for me the past few weeks. I've been going to bed at 2 and waking up at 7 or 8 to read (and I read late at night). Too much reading to do. And I must be gettng old, because I can't sleep in on weekends anymore! Last night I actually got to bed at 12:30, then I woke up today at 6!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Finally I got tired again and decided to take a nap before my 9:30...I just ended up sleeping through my alarm and missed class. I woke up at 12:30 which was nice.

Sicy, I quit smoking on Feb 1st after 7 years! I stil don't know how I've done it. It's been a rough week though and I've been getting bad cravings again.

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

Mikal, drunken sleep is the worst kind. You don't really sleep, you just pass out.

------------------

-They suck!

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Mikal, drunken sleep is the worst kind. You don't really sleep, you just pass out.

Is that why I wake up with headaches?

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

When you pas out, you don't get the beneficial REM sleep. I've read somewhere what causes the headaches, but I can't remember what causes it.

Well I'll be drinking a bottle of wine tonight. That's guaranteed crappy night of sleep!

------------------

-They suck!

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
When you pas out, you don't get the beneficial REM sleep. I've read somewhere what causes the headaches, but I can't remember what causes it.

Well I'll be drinking a bottle of wine tonight. That's guaranteed crappy night of sleep!

We'll have to compare headaches tomorrow morning!

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

Back
Top Bottom