PLESE READ! THIS WAS MY DEDICATION TO AMERICA TONIGHT AND IT INVOLVES U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
Well if you had read my post before, you know a member of my family hsd a lucky escape!
After findibg this out tonight, I went to the pub like usual on a Thursday night,which is karaoke night.
Ok so I am going to sing "One" but thought, I want to do a lttle speech before I sing it! This is how it went,
"Ok, I just found out today that a member of my family was in the Pentagon when it got hit"
"I know you are all probably fed up with seeing it on the news"
the pub fell silent
"but pleased to tell you she is ok...this could of been a personal tragedy for my family...this could of affected anyone of you...it could of been a friend or member of family...all I ask while I sing this song, is just take a minute to reflect on those people..on those people that could of been your friend or family...I'm going to sing this song now...this is a song for The People Of America...Thank you.

After I said thank you, the whole pub applauded like I have never heard before, this brought tears to my eyes,but carried on with that applause ringing in my heart, a great reaction from the audience,I felt that even if anyone that was there tonight doesn't remember what I said or sang, I know that I reached out and connected with some hearts tonight!There was more to my speech but I can't remember it all! I have to say it was one of the emotional nights in my life!
By the way I was not trying to do a "Bono moment" this was straight from my heart!

Awww, very touching!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Pretty cool. Thanks for the support man. Glad to hear everything is ok in your family. I'm sure it's been a hard few days for you, even more so than it has been for most of us. Try to find me on AOL IM sometime!

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Try to find me on AOL IM sometime!

D'OH! Just missed ya man. Do try again, now that my internet works right.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom