Please U2, Ultraviolet!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
anyone think ultraviolet is a possibility on the next tour? i personally find the zooTV performances of this song to be some of the best performances from 92-93...

this song would freshen up the setlist so much, it would do wonders...they could easily trade this song in for BTBS or something..it would be perfect!!! I want this song back in the setlist like I want acrobat and red hill mining town....it's so frustrating...all i can say is I hope U2 comes up with varying setlists throughout the entire tour and brings back this hidden gem...i never understood why this song didn't become a huge hit...it's such an amazing song, and 10 times better live!!!!

one of my favorite performances of this song is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_JMjqC2PKZo

and i think the silght lyrical mess up when bono puts his hand over his mouth makes it even better!!! :yes:

...and when it takes off at the halfway point at "I remember
When we could sleep on stones
Now we lie together
In whispers and moans" - SHIT i just close my eyes in awe...

AND THAT ENDING IS SICKENINGLY GOOD....BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK!!! OMG... :drool:

A possibility? No. It just isn't. I can't see them breaking out this song when they haven't played it since the summer of 1993.

Rob33 said:
one of my favorite performances of this song is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_JMjqC2PKZo

That is truly one of my favorite U2 performances ever. I have watched that video time after time :) Funny enough, the song in general didn't fully click with me until I saw that video. So yeah, I would be absolutely thrilled if they dusted it off for the forthcoming tour.

mandrake said:
Yes and Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, and Gloria were brought back on the Vertigo tour......so why not Ultraviolet?

great point- they've got so much material it's getting almost inevitable some of it may take a 10 to 15 year break even if they like it- I remember Bono saying the songs have to fit with the tour for them to get brought back, so depending on the vibe of the next tour, I think most of their catalogue could be in the running at this point...

dr. zooeuss said:

great point- they've got so much material it's getting almost inevitable some of it may take a 10 to 15 year break even if they like it- I remember Bono saying the songs have to fit with the tour for them to get brought back, so depending on the vibe of the next tour, I think most of their catalogue could be in the running at this point...

:yes:

:hyper:

hmm...i can't remember now...what did this song usually come after during zooTV?

theFly51 said:
we should have a poll and vote what songs they should bring back and have U2 view the results :wink:

hey that's not a bad idea, i can't make polls :(

anyone else interested in doing this? obviously having U2 view them isn't realistic but i think that would be fun...

Possible choice? Theoretically yes, but likely not at all. Why? Because this tune is part of ACHTUNG BABY – an album with an age of 16 years already pretty dated in U2's eyes. A lot has happened for them (and us) since then. When thinking about, which songs to chose from this album, the band (and their management) can primarly rely on a huge bunch of singles & standards to draw from:

- "One" (safe bet, we'll guess)
- "Mysterious Ways" (rather safe bet, too)
- "Until The End Of The World" (rather safe bet, too)
- "The Fly" (wouldn't bet on it for the next tour)
- "Wild Horses" (wouldn't bet on it for the tour)
- "Even Better Than The Real Thing" (a comeback?)

This is the kind of Singles/Greatest Hits package, U2 will connect with the album. In a static setlist with round about 20 tunes, and at least 4-6 songs from the then current album, I'd just see max.3- 4 songs from ACHTUNG BABY in the setlist. Anything else would be way over the top.
I hope, we do relive the experience of U2 surprising us with this album as they did in 2005/06, when the rediscovering of "Wild Horses" & "Zoo Station" were huge surprises and fan-highlights in their concerts. But this said: U2 already played with ACHTUNG BABY a lot on the last tour – doubt, whether they will do the same again.
So "Ultra Violet"? I'd prefer the song "The Unforgettable Fire" to be dust off o stage, if you asked me ...

Re: Re: Please U2, Ultraviolet!!!!!!!!!!

gorman said:

That is truly one of my favorite U2 performances ever. I have watched that video time after time :)

God it kills me to see that. I could have been there. I heard all about it from my friend's sister on the way to school the next day.

Possibly, but probably not. If so, I bet it'd be reworked (like The Fly).

I love ultraviolet, to me it's one of the most touching, emotional songs they have done (for me anyway). It's like a more rocking version of with or without you.

Would Bono have to sing it in his normal voice, or in macphisto voice?

I agree with the rest that it's very VERY unlikely... but yea, it coul dhappen... you never know...

I cannot understand why the Edge feels they never figured out how to play this song live. For me, this song live is U2 at it's best...a live real-life based love song. The pain, the difficulty, the adjustments that accompany real lasting love is all expressed beautifully by Bono and the boys.

oh I would be sooo into it! Hope they can bring it back, I don't see that as a lost live jewel (LLJ? lol..) as others but I think they would definetly bring it somehow different (no macphisto voice, 1/2 tunned down, etc)
anyway...I love it! I'll prefer to hear that live in the next tour than zoo station or mysterious ways (overused song) if you ask me...

-FCA

It'd be nice to have a tour where they do Ultraviolet. I'd also love to hear So Cruel or Love Is Blindness (again)!

ohh my...So Cruel...that would be so good! omg, c'mon, we can't be the only ones thinking of this...doesn't this stuff even enter their minds?!?!?!?

I'd love to see at least one show on the tour where the only hints of Achtung Baby are Ultraviolet, So Cruel, and Love is Blindness....

considering that I only expect 1 or if lucky 2 unexpected songs to show up during the new tour I'd be quite disappointed in a way should they chose Ultraviolet

of course it would rock
but there must be at least 20 other songs they haven't played in ages that are just better songs

i want to hear october, the unforgettable fire, exit, in gods country, a sort of homecoming, acrobat, mofo, new york, can't help falling in love, stay, dirty day, even better than the real thing!

OMG :drool:

Back
Top Bottom