Please read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"the edge isnt a great guitar player"

eek.gif

LOL I read that not long ago. I just read the post there but don't post. hehehe, I'm not getting into a PJ /U2 discussion/arugment there.... I love both bands.
smile.gif
And I have net friends who love both bands, so its ok. Just don't read to much into it!
wink.gif

------------------
Love will make you mine...
Creep up from behind...
Get you jumping out of your skin...
Angel, it's sink or swim.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

A poster from the Pearl Jam site said:
"I have seen u2 live and if you take away all the lights and screens its an average show and they lack the ability to change their songs live and throw jams in their songs, why? because its is very hard to do and few bands play live like PJ do, they are simply the best."

It is obvious to me that the poster never saw the Elevation tour since they did tone down lights and screens and U2's tour was more successful than before.

Change songs live? One of the reasons they are popular is due to the spontaneity of their live performance..

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

I'm not so sure about the "spontaneity" of U2 shows, I think U2 shows are a bit scripted, but they definitely add new layers and dimensions to the songs, I suspect that person doesn't know U2 that well (casual fan, knows the hits), and this person points to "jams," and if you need to hear impromptu jams at a U2 show you've missed the point entirely, save that for bands like Phish and the Dead who just meander along with very little direction or purpose

Personally, I don't think PJ has changed much at all over the years, musically. Their image of being a grunge band will always stick because their music sounds exactly the same to me now as it did when they started.
Not that this means they're not talented, I just don't find them all that exciting.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess - but I think that one poster hasn't seen U2 live except for television performances, and they might not even be a big fan at all.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Autumn*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Monica?? Did you grow boobs to U2's music??

LOL

Originally posted by Sicy:

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Autumn*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Monica?? Did you grow boobs to U2's music??

LOL

I'm like what the hell is Sicy talking about!! Then I checked the PJ board... um, no that is not me.. I guess Autumn decided to use the thing I use for my siggy?
confused.gif

------------------
Creep up from behind...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Doh!

Yknow whats funny too.. in the "Did anyone see Pearl Jam open for U2" thread someone asked you if you were Autumn and you didnt answer.

Tee hee.

Doh!

Yknow whats funny too.. in the "Did anyone see Pearl Jam open for U2" thread someone asked you if you were Autumn and you didnt answer.

Tee hee.

What??? They did? WTF!!!! I don't recall seeing that! I swear I'm not Autumn!! Plus I read her post on the PJ thread.. and she claims she was at the Vegas show when she told everyone here she wasn't! WTF is going on? I just don't want to be included in this! I don't even post at that PJ site.

------------------
Creep up from behind...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Doh!

Tee hee.
LOL...Sicy..you're SCARING Monica!!
It was MY post...LOL..the one about growing boobs to U2's music!!!
LMFAO!!!!!
I'm mmmBono here and nuttysquirrel over there. And if you need a hilarious reason for my username over there...just check my nuttysquirrel profile...LMFAO! That pic will make you pee your pants!!
Someone on that board showed me how to do that thang with the sig that Monica does...don't EVEN ask me how I did it...LOL..I have NO clue.
But one thing I will tell you, I will defend U2 on that board until the end of the world.
No question here.
I hate when they U2 bash...so being the redhead that I am...my temper shoots off like a fucking rocket when that happens...
MDFan...LOL..you're *soooo* hilarious coming here to ask for help over there...but you know with me, no one wins there...I will and can argue about U2! They are my heart...my soul...
And Hello Angel...I think PJ are shaking that grunge title thang. Have patience. It is really unfortunate that PJ has to carry around that "Grunge" title like heavy fucking baggage. They have alot of great music just a-waitin' to come out...be patient and you'll see. Eddie is NO metal head.
He is a great songwriter...and LMAO..I think he's DYING to write love songs like Bono does. Mmmmmm Eddie and Bono...that would make for some great...*ahem*...I won't GO there. I might get banned here....LOL!
And it was ME who said the "growing boobies" thing.
And Sicy...I saw your post...Mafia Fem-Don...
LOL..check your private messages I sent ya one..oxoxoxo
Autumn

Thanks for clearing that up! You guys stop scaring me!!!!!
icon30.gif
lol

------------------
Creep up from behind...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
What??? They did? WTF!!!! I don't recall seeing that! I swear I'm not Autumn!! Plus I read her post on the PJ thread.. and she claims she was at the Vegas show when she told everyone here she wasn't! WTF is going on? I just don't want to be included in this! I don't even post at that PJ site.

Hey Monica Honey...
I think you're getting confused...
I was at the Vegas show...and even said it in a post in that "Did Anyone See PJ..." thread....I think I said something like..."I'd tell you my story at the Vegas show but I think I would bore you to death!!"
I spent that entire evening on the floor on my tippy toes trying to get a glimpse of Bono...I'm still very pissed at myself for not lining up for the heart. Fuck!!
And also in that thread...someone said Autumn is that you?
That was Jodi, from the PJ bbs...who's username over there is FlannelPJs...also a huge U2 nut. LOL..she found me here...
I'll bump that thread so you can see it..
Hugs to ya Monica...sorry you were getting freaked out...oxoxo
Autumn

Oops, I'm sorry Autumn! LOL I was just confused! It's been a very confusing day for me!! I just came back from doing home work so I was all
confused.gif
when I read that! LOL

*Hugs* Atumn!!
wink.gif

------------------
Creep up from behind...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
Oops, I'm sorry Autumn! LOL I was just confused! It's been a very confusing day for me!! I just came back from doing home work so I was all
confused.gif
when I read that! LOL

*Hugs* Atumn!!
wink.gif

Hugs back to ya Monica...it's all good.
LOL...I was being mentioned HERE while I was writing a post arguing over there...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom