Please: Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
September
Streets capsizing
Spilling over
And down the drain
Shards of glass
Splinters like rain
But you could only feel your own pain

October
Talk getting nowhere
November
December
Remember
Are we just starting again?

Please...please...please...

So love is big
It's bigger than us
But love is not
What you're thinking of

It's what lovers deal
It's what lovers steal
You know I found it hard to receive
Because you...
My love...
I could never believe

Pop haters can go suck on a Coldplay album for all I care. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Pop haters can go suck on a Coldplay album for all I care. :wink:

Words to live by my friend.

Now just wait until Coldplay emulates that period of U2, Radiohead already has haha.

powerhour24 said:

Words to live by my friend.

Now just wait until Coldplay emulates that period of U2, Radiohead already has haha.

:lmao: Yeah, I can't wait. With Eno in the wings, it could be sooner than we think. ;)

phillyfan26 said:

They used it sporadically this tour, at about half of the shows, so they aren't repeating themselves, though I'd rather they used other songs mixed up and UTEOTW at every show.

And as Coolian said, it wasn't a single, and really isn't too well of a known song. I think it briefly charted in the early 90's, but it's no Pride :banghead: .

The only thing they need to do to UTEOTW is properly segue it into New Year's Day again

The single version they released was more in line with the live performances, but it wasn't as good IMO, its slighty slower paced and Bono's vocal sounds a bit disinterested. Apparently the band spent weeks trying to get a good take but never really succeeded. It just lent itself better to a live setting.

The video though is pretty powerful, and quite strange, that small village with all those characters shuffling around on their knees, the beggar with the 'please' sign around his neck, the balaclava vandals and the little girl taking off the beggars sign as he flies off at the end. Plus Bono cries. :ohmy:

I think the reason they didn't play Please on the Vertigo tour, is because of the resemblacne to 9/11. If I remember correclty, Bono mentioned it in U2 By U2.

Anyway, I love the song, and it would be great to see them play it on the next tour:)

LemonMelon said:
Please--->Wake Up Dead Man (full band)--->Streets

I still think that would be the greatest thing of all time.

mabey not the greatest thing of all time but pretty close !!!!!

i would be happy for them to drop pride to do this . pride is getting tired.

please is so freakin awesome.

Back
Top Bottom