PLEASE DONATE BLOOD.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
Just posted an annoucement to all forums, asking Americans to donate blood to help with the crisis -- something I will do this afternoon.

Please, donate, and spread the word.

Bubba

Just called the local Red Cross, and yes, they do need more blood.

The national number is 1-800-GIVE-LIFE, but the number is understandably flooded.

Please look up and call your local Red Cross and see what you can do.

Thanks,
Bubba

Thank you, dancer.

And any efforts (from any forum member) to keep this thread to the top of this forum will also be greatly appreciated.

Bubba

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

My dad donates blood all the time.

He also volunteers for the Peninsula Blood Bank.

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 09-11-2001).]

Yes! Everyone who can - please make an effort. Blood banks at hospitals and Red Cross Centers are open late and working at max capacity... an hour of your time (not even) makes a difference!! We've had many many people come in here to the hospital walking in off the street to donate here in Boston - it's been great! keep it going!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

I work at a hospital lab where there's a blood bank. I'll definitely do it tomorrow, as I'm off today.

frown.gif

back to the top..
another 800# on the red cross website is 1-800-HELP-NOW

My friend contacted the Red Cross today, and they said that blood donated here (in Michigan) can and will be flown to NYC. I'm sure it's the same everywhere. They're swamped today, but they'll continue to need blood as the week continues. Please consider donating, especially if you're O+ (on the news they've been saying that O+ is really needed). I'm donating on Thursday.

For any Canadians who wish to help, the number to call to arrange an appointment to donate blood is:

1-888-2-donate (1-888-236-6283)

The news update I was just watching said that they are especially looking for donations in the Toronto and Ottawa areas as some of the victims will be treated there.

Much love to all those who have or will soon be donating their blood. I don't weigh enough to donate, but I wanted to say that this is a great way to help save lives no matter where you live.

For people in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Blood Institute is accepting donations.

Bumping this message back to the top...maybe this thread will encourage everyone to help out.

Yes... it's not just today's victims that need the blood - but hospitals in your own towns/neighborhoods that are going to have shortages soon as well. If your Red Cross etc is booked or full = try a local hospital etc and see if you can help there!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

Well, the on-campus emergency blood bank had to turn people away (myself included). I guess there are worse problems to have than too many volunteers.

Will try again tomorrow, and I hope everyone can do his small part to help.

Bubba

You know what bugs me?

I'm not a lot to donate blood because I'm diabetic. Damnit.

SkeeK =
frown.gif

My dad told me that today at the blood bank was insane.... people lined up around the block to give blood. They kept bringing the people juice n stuff. (He's a volunteer)

I thought that was great to hear.

smile.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

As Achtung Bubba has already said, everybody please call their local blood donation centers. The ones in my area (Minneapolis) are swamped with walk-ins today, so they are requesting that everyone please call to make an appointment. This is a very important way that you can help, so I urge you to please take an hour or so of your time and donate blood. Thank you very much.

Kyra

Even if you aren't in NYC or DC, your blood WILL help. Please, please donate ASAP. I'm in NYC and we need help.

God Bless,
Partygirl

I'm a universal donor & have given many times...just did about a month or so ago for a blood drive my office helped sponsor. I'm going to set up an appointment to give again as soon as possible. It is SO IMPORTANT to give if you can- and GUYS, it helps to lower your risk of heart disease, too.

Please, everyone who wants to donate, no matter where you live: call your local donation center before you go, and make an appointment. This way you can be sure you can donate and help. Many cities are extending hours and setting up extra donation centers.

Also, for those of you who cannot donate blood, for whatever reason, many of the local blood donation centers are in need of volunteers to help answer the phones, due to the overwhelming response. This is a way you could help.

Let me again add my voice to the plea for donors. Minneapolis/St. Paul shipped one thousand units of blood to NYC last night on a special flight. Many other cities and communities will be sending blood to New York, D.C., New Jersey, etc. Your blood is needed to help the victims on the East Coast, and to replenish local stores. Please help in any way you can. Donating blood has no risk to you, and you can literally help save lives.

Thank you very much.

Kyra

My local blood bank has a 5 to 6 hour wait this morning.

Also, later when the mail is moving it would be a good idea to box up clothing and send them to the Red Cross NY or homless shelters.

I plan on doing this today or tomorrow.

------------------
All We Are Saying...Is Give Peace A Chance

--John Lennon

Back
Top Bottom