PLEASE DONATE BLOOD.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Up.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba
September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

Up!

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

I am going to donate on Friday at my university. I have donated twice before, and the last time I did was a really bad experience. I got extremely faint, my heart was pounding, and I was gasping for air. For the next few hours I felt pretty bad. I am still gonna do it, but I'm sorta scared. Does anyone have any advice? Should I drink/eat as much as possible beforehand? Does anyone know if exercise right beforehand is good or bad? I just really don't want to repeat my last experience. Thanks for the help.

Nancy, you might be anaemic. Get your iron levels tested before you donate. That's all I know
smile.gif

Kate

Originally posted by Eleanor Rigby:
Do you know if there's any chance of blood donations from abroad?
I'm universal type...

Which country are you in??? As far as I know, Russians and Canadians are donating(or going to donate) blood. I don't know if I'm wrong...

EDIT: I didn't see you're from Argentina in you profile... I think you can call you local red cross to ask about that.

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 09-13-2001).]

Up!

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

from the film Patton

Just reminding everyone that if you haven't given blood, there's still a need.

If you tried to give blood and there was too big a crowd, there's still a need.

And if your pulse was irregular (like mine), and you have to see a doctor to get approval to give blood, THERE'S STILL A NEED.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

from the film Patton

Back
Top Bottom