Places to buy U2 stuff in New York City!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:32 AM
Places to buy U2 stuff in New York City!!

Places to buy U2 stuff in New York City!!

Iím going to NYC in a week and I want to know if anybody here knows if thereís a place I could go where I would find U2 stuff (maybe some Springsteen stuff too) like bootlegs from live shows and most importantly videos of live performances and even more importantly the R&H outtakes (I need that one really bad!!!! ). Oh and is that Propaganda book still on sale? How is it called? Would I find it on a bookstore? If you live in NYC or ever been there and knows where I could find that stuff please help me!!! This is a rare opportunity for me. Thanks!!!

Old 07-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:32 AM
Try the village area. Bleeker Bob's had lots of stuff. There are a bunch of great little music shops near Washington Square park (Next to NYU), There are plenty of places that are obsure and might be challenging to find - usually located in basements of apartment buildings, but you can unearth some nice/rare treasures. Pick up the Village Voice newspaper - think it's still free and can be found on many street corners. Avoid Times Square area, you won't find too much in the way of rarities - too comercial. Good Luck !

Old 07-01-2004, 01:59 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:32 AM
i forget what street it was, but i was in soho and we stopped by this coffee shop for a bite to eat, then we went into this record shop down the street. i was browsing for some u2 CDs, but there were none there. the guy at the counter asked "are you looking for u2?" i told him yeah and he brought out this huge box of cds and singles. it was so cool! they also had a few vinyls and some rare singles (including Desire, which i didnt pick up ). the coffee shop was caled "Angeliqe" or something. you should go there the pastries are damn good. check out that record store!
Old 07-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

HHhhhmmmmmm

Welcome to my hometown! Have a safe trip and enjoy!!!

There have been a few places in Manhattan, that have had bootlegs and olderrarer items.

I haven't been to any in a long time {quite modest fun/hobbies budget}, so I don't know what's around currently. But I'll try to take a look and see what i can find.

They have mostly been in The Village. I wouldn't mind knowing this for myself, so I can get something eventually.

I'll try to post by middle of next week.

As for Bono-sighting.... check atU2's monthly calander and there front page. That's how I found out about his speaking at the Triberca film festival!
And also the gossip columns of the Daily news & NY Pos. I find out how many times I've missed having a chance to see him
Old 07-01-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: HHhhhmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by discothequeLP
i forget what street it was, but i was in soho and we stopped by this coffee shop for a bite to eat, then we went into this record shop down the street. i was browsing for some u2 CDs, but there were none there. the guy at the counter asked "are you looking for u2?" i told him yeah and he brought out this huge box of cds and singles. it was so cool! they also had a few vinyls and some rare singles (including Desire, which i didnt pick up ). the coffee shop was caled "Angeliqe" or something. you should go there the pastries are damn good. check out that record store!
WOW!! That seems like a dream!! I'm going to try and look for this Angelique place for sure. Was that record store close to Angelique?

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight
Welcome to my hometown! Have a safe trip and enjoy!!!

There have been a few places in Manhattan, that have had bootlegs and olderrarer items.

I haven't been to any in a long time {quite modest fun/hobbies budget}, so I don't know what's around currently. But I'll try to take a look and see what i can find.

They have mostly been in The Village. I wouldn't mind knowing this for myself, so I can get something eventually.

I'll try to post by middle of next week.

As for Bono-sighting.... check atU2's monthly calander and there front page. That's how I found out about his speaking at the Triberca film festival!
And also the gossip columns of the Daily news & NY Pos. I find out how many times I've missed having a chance to see him
Wow, you're like an angel!!!! Thank you so much! I've been dazzled by the light!

Hey Numb1075 is Bleeker Bob's a record store? Thaks for the tips!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:00 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

ok, heres the listing for that cafe

Cafe Angelique

68 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10012-2410
Phone: (212) 475-3500

you really should visit its good

i think the record store is this one, but i'm not sure:

Mercer Street Books and Records

206 Mercer St
New York, NY 10012-1518
Phone: (212) 505-8615

i suggest that you check out cafe and walk around for a bit. i'm not sure about the address of the record store, but i do know that it's north of Houston St.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:06 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks discothequeLP, I'm going to print this whole thread.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:32 AM
Goodluck, Fly!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks CIB!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

bleeker bob's is a MUSIC STORE - HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN A WHILE, BUT THEY USED TO SELL CDS/RECORDS/POSTERS/STICKERS TEC - LOTS OF RARITIES
Old 07-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #11
War Child

Local Time: 09:32 AM
try generation records.
it is on thompson street, between washington square park and bleeker street.
they have concert bootleg CDs, but i am not sure about videos.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:43 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

be sure to tell us what happens!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 01:32 PM
I would assume record stores have band merchandise like t-shirts and what not. All else fails, there is always ebay.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:42 PM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 02:32 PM
I was looking for the exact same thing when I was backpacking last year, unfortunately I hadn't discovered 'Interference' at that stage.
I looked long and hard in San Francisco, LA, Washington, Boston and New York for random U2 stuff I could get in Magic America without much success.
The only place where I did have any success was in Chelsea, NY a place called 'Midnight Records' I believe they've got a website but I don't think everything they've got is listed.
I hate to say it, though it may be risky the stuff on Ebay may be closer to what you want and cheaper.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

ATTENTION TBF!!!

I *think* I found what you're looking for......

But there may be a technical problem...

AT Generation Records on 210 Thompson St <between Bleeker & ? 3rd streert-definately north of bleeker, before the next block>

There is a "multi-Regional"DVD {i think it means its coded for a European machine dvd player} copy

of "Rattle & Hum 2". On bottom of front cover it says '3 hours of unrelease...' but the rest of it is covered up by the multi-gen warning sticker.

on the back it says '2002 release u2 Vintage records', Sound Checks/ rehersals/u2 visits Elvis's cars at Graceland/interview w Paul McGn. Black & white and Color

Check for it {compare info]on the web.
...if it's the one you want tell me here by middle of week weds/ thurs
I told them I was looking for somebody and they'll hold it for several days-- once I call them & tell them it's what you want. They'll hold it for you!

I think it was about 30 US dollars may a little less or more.

I looked at so many U2 live & rare recording CDs there . I made a list -- about half are from EleaVATION TOURS, some from Pop/Zooroopa, a few from 87! and some early B/Oct/Wr days and one with 78/79 demos.

I'll be backmon or tues and post that info.I can't afford them now but I sawabout 3 I'd save for...once I web researcxh how good or bad the actual sound of the recordings are.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:09 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That might be it!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Wow, the minute I get there I 'll try to make my family go to that place, I'll get there on a Saturday so maybe I'll be able to go to this place Monday!!!!! How many copies are there of that DVD!?!?!???!

Oh and are those cds also from Generation Store?

U2 Demos....

By the way this is my e-mail: clarog@terra.com.br
Old 07-04-2004, 02:23 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Revolver Records, 45 W. 8th ST., 2nd floor, in the Village.

Last time I was there was two years ago and they had lots of U2 bootlegs and plenty of other bands.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks barlowdog!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:37 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

the U2 CD's

my pleasure to be of assistance & I sure hope it is, TBF!

Yes, all the U2 Cd's I made a list of are at Generations! Seems like quite a nice slection!

WHen I get some extra money in several months {if not sooner} I have my eye on about 3 of them -- tour in 87! and one from ?85.

The funny, frustrating thing about the earlier U2 concerts I saw 84/85 & even 87 is I have very little memory of how they sounded and we were sure far enough away not to be totally visually enveloped [unlike every other favorite band we got way, way closer to in the front].

It's NOT 'the memory', I have plenty of other small and big fav band concerts I remember how they sounded from those years and earlier!

I have clear memories of getting up and dancing, and cheering etc at those 3 earlier u2 shows but not the music,vocals themselves.

that's one reason I really want the 87 & 85 cds!!!

ZOO TV I remeber how they sounded more or less.

I'll have more time tomorrow or TUes to list them.
I'll got to your e-mail tomorrow or Tues. I can't do it directly from here [click on your e-m link], since my e-m is web based. I don't have a Mcrsft passwrd etc, since I don't own a computer!
[means I have to log outta here first and get onto my addy. too little time left this eve]
Old 07-04-2004, 11:57 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: the U2 CD's

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

my pleasure to be of assistance & I sure hope it is, TBF!

Yes, all the U2 Cd's I made a list of are at Generations! Seems like quite a nice slection!

WHen I get some extra money in several months {if not sooner} I have my eye on about 3 of them -- tour in 87! and one from ?85.

The funny, frustrating thing about the earlier U2 concerts I saw 84/85 & even 87 is I have very little memory of how they sounded and we were sure far enough away not to be totally visually enveloped [unlike every other favorite band we got way, way closer to in the front].

It's NOT 'the memory', I have plenty of other small and big fav band concerts I remember how they sounded from those years and earlier!

I have clear memories of getting up and dancing, and cheering etc at those 3 earlier u2 shows but not the music,vocals themselves.

that's one reason I really want the 87 & 85 cds!!!

ZOO TV I remeber how they sounded more or less.

I'll have more time tomorrow or TUes to list them.
I'll got to your e-mail tomorrow or Tues. I can't do it directly from here [click on your e-m link], since my e-m is web based. I don't have a Mcrsft passwrd etc, since I don't own a computer!
[means I have to log outta here first and get onto my addy. too little time left this eve]

I'll be waiting for your e-mail!!!! Again thank you so much!!!!!