Pink Floyd with Roger confirmed - Live 8. (u2 related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This is major!!! But I can see how Gimour sees their differences with Waters as being petty compared to the cause of the Live 8 concert. And what's this? Tickets are available for UK residents only? :mad:

edit: Ooh... there's gonna be a show in Philly. :hyper:

Last edited:
Yeah, but the Philly show isn't even worth seeing. The lineup is so unbelievably bad, you couldn't pay me to go. London has ALL the good acts.

No. London. With U2, REM, Paul McCartney, The Cure, Coldplay, Keane, Snow Partol, Elton John, and a bunch of others that are better than the Philly Lineup.

Holy crap you're right. BOWIE!!!!!! :ohmy:

Zootlesque said:
Really? Isn't Pink Floyd coming to Philly? :|

why would they?

edit- sorry, realised this is the second time I've undermined what you've asked concerning Floyd and Philly...but i've read loads of posts on other forums instantly assuming when a big band comes into the rumour spotlight, they're going to go to Philly. Some guy was getting really worked up about Radiohead declining and asking why not and suggested Philly...suddenly realising the pointlessness of going all the way to Philadelphia for a concert that's already in London as well! :huh:

Last edited:
Wait. I just realized I've been posting in two threads about Live 8 that are EXACTLY the same, in two TOTALLY different forums. :combust:

:shocked: Wow I never thought I'd see that.

I think Bowie said he feels he doesn't have enough time to properly prepare for the show, Stones are working on the new album, Radiohead aren't coming.

I'm a Radiohead fan, but all they would do is depress everyone. :wink: Not exactly what Live 8 is about.

Haha! I keep forgetting all these amazing acts! We put the Americans to shame! :wink:

dancingcat said:
Damon Albahn from Blur was quoted today as saying"The line up is to Anglo Saxon for me".

Yeah that's right, where's Ricky Martin when you need him?

And Yoko, bring on Yoko!!!!

Yeah, they still probably don't like each other much though, but at least they are willing to put differences aside enough to play some music for the sake of world relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom