Pimm Jal de la Parra passed away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pimm Jal de la Parra 1965-2002

Even though I never knew you, thank you for your wonderful book,"U2 Live A Concert Documentary" that was a great source of information to many U2 fans, and was also a great testament of your love for U2.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 04-10-2002).]

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Pimm Jal de la Parra 1965-2002

Even though I never knew you, thank you for your wonderful book,"U2 Live A Concert Documentary" that was a great source of information to many U2 fans, and was also a great testament of your love for U2.

Chris

I agree.

It is sad to hear of his passing.
frown.gif

i really enjoyed/enjoy his concert documentary book, incredibly well done.

how old was he anyway? it never really dawned on me that hed be any older than 40.

ofcourse that really means nothign anyway.

Wow.
That's really too bad.
I've read his book cover to cover probably 20 times and found something new each read.
Huh? Never knew the man... but somehow I did.
See you when I see you Pimm
frown.gif

Peace

mofo23

Terrible news, I love his book, one of the real treasures for any U2 fan.

Rest in peace

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

This is just terrible!!! How did Pimm die?! He was only 36 or 37 at most? His U2 Live: A Concert Documentary is the BEST Book there is on U2 and I was looking forward to a new addition of the book. Pimm is a great U2 fan and person and this is very sad and difficult to believe.

How sad! That is a really wonderful book he produced.

frown.gif

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

This is indeed sad news. the U2 Doc books were a wonderful read and my thoughts go out to him, his family and his friends.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Oh gosh, that's terribly sad news.
frown.gif

May he rest in peace.

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Every little thing's gonna be alright

that's very unfortunate. His book has been bedside reading for the past year and a half....Pimm Jal de la Parra, you will be missed by a lot of people, a community of fans actually....I hope in heaven you get to pick all the music you want to listen to...I'm sure you'll be able to name certain songs from specific concerts....Cheers to you and your contributions...Take care

from u2log.com

It is with great sadness that we must announce the passing of our friend Pimm Jal de la Parra, author of "U2 Live A Concert Documentary", "David Bowie - The Concert Tapes", and founder-editor of U2 magazine "Collectormania".

Pimm Jal was known and respected in the U2 and Bowie fan communities world wide. He loved people. People loved him. Our thoughts and sincere condolences are with his family and friends.

I am just speechless. Being a U2 fan way before internet news, Pimm was a big part of my U2 life. Through him and his hard work on Collectormania we followed U2 on tour in the 80's.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Before there was the internet, the fanzines kept us informed. The best of them all was Collectormania, and Pimm the best writer of all. You just never know how long your walk on earth will be, and some are more memorable than others, and none of us U2 fans will ever forget, or get rid of, our Collectormania issues and book. Wrote many a snail mail to Pimm with thanks for those issues. This is a tremendous loss to the U2 community. Maybe there is someway to make a tribute.

Originally posted by U2live:
This is a tremendous loss to the U2 community. Maybe there is someway to make a tribute.

I was thinking that as well. Do you have any ideas?

I am so sad to hear about Pimm's death. His book was a MAJOR influence in starting my site. His book is my bible for verifying recordings, etc. This is very sad. And he was so young. Rest in peace, Pimm. You don't know how important your efforts were to so many people. My thoughts go out to Pimm's family and friends.

- Mark

Collectormania was such an outstanding fanzine (I still have all the issues and glance at them from time to time), and Pimm's book is absolutely invaluable in understanding the evolution of U2's live presence. Pimm's contributions to the U2 fan world will never be forgotten.

Pimm's work certainly has had an impact on the U2 fan community. I was wondering if it might not be a good idea to set up one of those online signature things (like at petitiononline which we used to collect messages for the Hewsons last year) to send condolences, prayers, etc. to his family? I have found contact information for the company that published his books and I assume they would be able to pass the document along. Just a thought. What do you all think?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I was wondering if it might not be a good idea to set up one of those online signature things (like at petitiononline which we used to collect messages for the Hewsons last year) to send condolences, prayers, etc. to his family? I have found contact information for the company that published his books and I assume they would be able to pass the document along. Just a thought. What do you all think?

The comments page on u2log ( http://u2log.com/archive/001594.shtml ) has more or less become the place to write down one's thoughts about Pimm's passing. You might check that page first.

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom