PICS FROM THE DALLAS SHOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
OMG Dallas was awesome!!! So amazing!

I went out to eat with my friend Annette and Lylas at the Tipperary Inn Irish Pub on Saturday night. We were waiting for Oxygen (LikeO2) and Adamsgrrl to join us who were driving up to Dallas that day. INCA was also going to join us, but he said he was going to "scope out" the arena on his way. While we were at the pub waiting, we met EPandAmerica
smile.gif

Around 10p.m., INCA calls us and says that they're already handing out numbers! We thought, oh great! We'll go to the arena now, get out number, then come back tomorrow at a decent hour, and not have to get there too early. WRONG! We were told that once we got our number, we had to stay in line! lol! We ran home, got our stuff, then got back to the arena at 2:30a.m. Sunday morning to spend the night! I've never done anything like that before! But I was #48 and Lylas was #49 in line.
smile.gif

Finally, 15 hours later, they open the doors and we were in the heart!!! I was at the tip of the heart on the inside (I was truly happy because I had decided on Friday to shell out the extra $$ for a GA ticket)
biggrin.gif

The highlight of my evening, was when the girl next to me gave Bono a flower. I had brought an American flag along. When Bono took the flower from her, I held my flag up as high as I could right in front of Bono. He didn't actually take my flag, but he mouthed (without actually speaking) the words "SAVE IT FOR ME" to me
smile.gif

We all thought he would come back and take the flag from me, but he got someone else's flag instead lol. But it was still an amazing moment for me
smile.gif

If there's anyone out there who got a picture of it, please let me know!

My Dallas pics are at: http://www.geocities.com/u2dallas2001/DallasTX.html

btw, I'm using geocities, which is free, so unfortunately if too many people are using the site, it will temporarily shut down...if it says unavailable, just try again later
smile.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

http://www.geocities.com/u2austin2001/U2AustinTX.html

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 11-26-2001).]

Awesome ABEL!!! You know, even though it's tough to tough it out, it's so worth it to wait, isn't it?!?!?!
biggrin.gif
Wheeee! I can't wait till tomorrow night (KC!!!!!)

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

[This message has been edited by raincloud (edited 11-27-2001).]

ABEL, these pics are great!!

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Great pics ABEL, sorry he didn't take your flag. I was actually helping the guy nest to me hold up and Irish flag and Bono stopped and stared at us and the flag for a long time, mouthing something, before moving ahead and grabbing a USA flag from someone else. There were a shit(e)load of flags, though!

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! Especially because my Dallas pics didn't come out (only 2 were good out of 2 rolls--rookie mistake).

Anyway, thank you thank you thank you!!!! Love the "bullfight" Bono and Edge pics!

Oh cool, ABELLLL! What great pix!!! Wish i had been there!
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Back
Top Bottom