Philly was Awesome! *SPOILER*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crzy4Bono

Refugee
What a great show that was! I'm on my friend's computer so I'll try to keep it brief...

Due to a bit of a snafu with my friends tickets, we were unable to line up in the GA line early enough to get anywhere near the stage so we just said to heck with it and showed up right as U2 was going on. While it was disappointing to not be as close to the band as we have been for the other shows, we got a great spot by the mix table and had lots of room to dance, run around, etc - and the sound there was AWESOME.

This was my sixth show on this tour, and the set list for most of those shows was essentially the same. I'm not complaining about that - but I got some great surprises tonight! They played Out of Control, an acoustic version of Wild Honey, an acoustic version of Please going into Bad. (I had been hoping to hear all three of these songs on this tour and had given up hope
wink.gif
). During One I got chills as the names of all the people killed on Sept 11 was scrolled up on screen and then projected on the ceiling. It was so moving and overwhelming with the sheer number.

The energy of the show and crowd was incredible. I can tell that Bono's getting tired... his voice does not have the range that he had early on in the tour but the show was still amazing and the energy of the crowd and the band was palpable.

As an aside - a special thanks to those two guys standing near us (Ron and Adam) - I'm not sure if they come in here but were super nice and shoved off a guy that kept messing with me. (She's with me - back off). What a nice couple of guys and big fans singing along to every song.

and...
[rant]Girls - please DO NOT sit on your boyfriends shoulders in general admission - it is rude to everyone standing behind you. I am only 5'2" and can't see over your butt.[/rant]

Now I'm off to deal with my post-elevation tour depression - that was my last show!

To all of you guys going west - have a great time!
smile.gif

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

sounds like a great show

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I was there too! I didn't get a good spot either, but Bono and the guys were hot and it was a great show. I'll write more later.

Glad to know you have such a great time, I feel happy for you Laura.
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

I was there too. I was so much closer to the stage than I though I would be. I was in the upper level behind the stage, 2 rows up, which really wasn't bad.

I wanted Please followed by Bad more than anything else, and it happened! It was great. Please got almost no reaction when it started. Just goes to show the difference in amount of people that bought ATYCLB and Pop.

OUT OF CONTROL ROCKED!

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 11-04-2001).]

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Question: What the hell is a snafu?!?
eek.gif

It's an old army expression - it stands for
Situation
Normal
All
Fucked
Up

SNAFU

smile.gif

Peace

------------------

u know crzy i nearly asked u if u said fuckup or foulup...ive read a number of pc books where they made a point of sayin foulup
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
Great show, truly.

Just me, or was there a bit more drinking at Philly than other shows?

Yes! Except for Slane, that is. I have never seen so much drinking in my life!
wink.gif
But, yes, I did notice there seemed to be a lot more drunk folks about but I just chalked it up to my not being smashed up against the stage where you can't leave for a beer!
smile.gif

------------------

This was the first show I didn't have GA's so I didn't bother to go in until about 15 minutes before U2 took the stage. I discovered that the parking lot was full of drinking and tailgating, mostly thirtysomethings (hey I'm one too no offense) blasting UF and War from their car stereos. I had noticed when I was in GA that half the seats usually remain bare until a few minutes before U2 comes on and now I know why LOL!

Ericb, I agree about Please, there was almost deadly silence of 'what song is that' which is rare because of their well known catalog, usually doesn't happen at a U2 show. Yes, ATYCLB is more popular with more people, including me. BTW ericb did you get wet when Bono doused us with water? And were you the loud guy who was yelling "F-Osama" somewhere behind me?

I was surprised but touched at the amount of times Bono gave us a few seconds of attention or glanced our way. Larry waved and smiled in our general direction (which is much better than a fart in your general direction Monty Python fans!) and it looked like Edge waved right toward me! I didn't hold back, I was into the songs and dancing since for the first time I had a place to move without being squished. The guys' butts were nice, have to admit being in Bono's face is much better but being back there was not at all as bad as I thought, it was closer than I imagined and the only time we couldn't see was when they put up the screens during Streets, BTBS and One, which was frustrating. Still, I was glad to be there with the boys at all. Not my favorite show,(no fault of the band) but it rocked for sure, glad I went. Being this was the last east coast show, my fun and my run is over and once again I remain unfulfilled in my dream of meeting the band. All I have is the music.

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-05-2001).]

I totally agree with you about the post Elevation depression! Philly was my last show as well..

I thought it was AMAZING!!! I was in the Heart right in front of the Edge!

I also had the best ime in the GA line!!! Met so many great people!!!

Thanks to everyone!!! Especially the boys fro a great show!!!

The whole thing sounds awesome.

I just scrolled up and read your explanation of SNAFU. I didn't know that.Thanks

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-11-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom