Petitions against Indie 103.1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NameOfLove19

The Fly
All right, seeing how incredibly angry and frustrated people are about the whole Indie 103.1 fiasco (including me), I created 2 petitions.

To express you general displeasure with the asshats at Indie 103.1, go here:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/U2A/petition.html

To tell Principle Management you think they should do something about this, go here:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/U2b/petition.html

Read, sign if you agree (I know very well that some won't), and spread the word. Thanks!

as angry as i am about last night's incident, i will not sign the petition, considering that 103.1 didn't break any laws in what they did.

also, online petitions don't work.

Online petitions have their merits. Public apologies from Microsoft and CNN have been issued because of online petitions, so, hey, you never know!

And even if Indie 103.1 didn't break any laws (which I am unsure of, really), what they did was flat-out wrong.

^^^^^^^^

i'll agree with that, but to be honest, i don't need their apology, i just want to see karma bite them in the ass.

U2 fans should probably send Rollins an apology. He must've got a ton of hate mail, and he had NOTHING to do with the single not playing.

MrBrau1 said:
U2 fans should probably send Rollins an apology. He must've got a ton of hate mail, and he had NOTHING to do with the single not playing.

You're right, he didn't have anything to do with the whole lie. Sending an apology, though......I wonder how much of a kick he'd get out of that?

(And you have to admit- I'm not defending the hate mail, but his responses were pretty crude and immature in and of themselves.)

NameOfLove19 said:

You're right, he didn't have anything to do with the whole lie. Sending an apology, though......I wonder how much of a kick he'd get out of that?

(And you have to admit- I'm not defending the hate mail, but his responses were pretty crude and immature in and of themselves.)

That's Rollins for ya. And he would rag on an apology for ever.

This is like giving that radio station too much importance, this is what they want , to upset fans and by creating these petitions and sending hate mails you are just playing their stupid game. I understand the frustation but get over it, it's not worth it.

that's why we should just have the station burned to the ground, literally.

when in frustration, turn to arsen. it works everytime for me.

My feeling is that even though they made some sort of claim about playing the new single, really there was "no harm" and "no foul".

I was disappointed that I was shafted into hearing Electrical Storm 45 times, but then again I love that song, so it wasn't all that bad.

Your intentions are honorable, but I just don't think it's necessary.

"deplorable acts" .. that's a bit heavy!

Sorry I have to agree that people shouldn't get so tense about this. And MrBrau is right - sending 'Fuck You' mails to Rollins is juvenille and simply adds wood to his fire.

starsgoblue said:
If you don't want to sign the petitions guys, then just don't sign them. Don't even bother posting on this particular thread than. Be nice to your fellow forum members though...geez

i tend to dump on any thread that says "online petition". it just seems that they're made for the most rediculous reasons.

mikal said:

i tend to dump on any thread that says "online petition". it just seems that they're made for the most rediculous reasons.

I thought you would be more sensitive to other people's threads...especially when someone tells you to butt out. After all if you don't agree you can just not post here, right? :D

Well I support the online petition for TheOneCampaign...I don't think that's silly.

But really guys, let's not cause derision on the threads. If you've said your piece about something, than let that post speak for itself and let it be. No fighting! It makes me sad! :sad:

Back
Top Bottom