Petition on recent events at u2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree with the petition, I don't think U2.com is bad at all.
:shrug:

Then again, that is my opinion...

:D

Marty

*resisted the urge to write down that it was his 2 cents :mac:*

If you have paid for your membership to the new U2.com, I think that you are a stupid twat and should seek mental help. HELLO, THEY ARE CHARGING PEOPLE FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD REALLY BE FREE! Wake up. All U2 fans should unite to stop U2.com charging it's users. I cannot emphesise how wrong it is.

Oh yeah, where do I attach my name to this eloquent piece of writing?

:sick: :rolleyes:

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't remember Propaganda being free and the new subscription service is a digital vesion of Propaganda..

I think it says somewhere in the thread at Zoostation that the post was going yo be rewritten or cleaned up before it is sent to U2.com
I'll wiat for the finished version before I decide. If this is the finished version-- No thanks

By the way, maybe a bit foolish to put out a rant of thought and ask people to sign on and not be interested in their comments. May want to rethink that line of reasoning.

Miroslava said:

Oh yeah, where do I attach my name to this eloquent piece of writing?

:sick: :rolleyes:

Thanks but no thanks.

Completely agree with you Miroslava. There are better, more mature ways of getting your point across without insulting anyone...
And I'll make comments on whatever I choose, thank ya.

I'll probably get flamed for this but here goes anyway.

I think a lot of the folks at Poplemon are probably just pissed off that they can't access the paid sections of Zootopia.

Sorry to say but a lot (not all) of those folks were responsible for a lot of bullshit that went on in the General Discussion area of the old messageboard.

Personally, I hope a lot of those people decide not to pay, then they can just spam the free General Discussion area and not the paid one.

I'm real sorry to anyone I offend but that's how I feel and that's what I saw.

ramblin rose said:

I think a lot of the folks at Poplemon are probably just pissed off that they can't access the paid sections of Zootopia.

Sorry to say but a lot (not all) of those folks were responsible for a lot of bullshit that went on in the General Discussion area of the old messageboard.

Personally, I hope a lot of those people decide not to pay, then they can just spam the free General Discussion area and not the paid one.

well ispose yur entitledto your opinion. even if it does slant people you dont know. :rolleyes:

and just so you know im posting this link on behalf of someone.

"well ispose yur entitledto your opinion. even if it does slant people you dont know."
That "petition" slants people it doesn't know as well calling anyone that registers for u2.com a twat. pot calls the kettle black...

I don't really like how they make you pay for things on the website, i mean now it's shoved in my face that i don't have 40 dollars. lol. i wish they would've just left it like it was with the old website. im not going to sign a petition though, i dont care about it that much.

im sorry if ive caused any offence, and just to let you know im a non-paying member of the zoo.

and just to let you know the petition is also about the removal of lyrics and tabs from this site and others. (be sure to state what you are unhappy about.)

this is for the benifit of the little people whose voices cant be heard.

I´m with you man, you have nothing to apologize. U2. com must apologize to the fans instead !!! :mad: :madspit: :censored:

What the fuck is going on with U2 and their crew ??? :angry:

What more can they ask for ???

iPod, Apple Tunes, No more Bootlegs, paid per view internet...

STOP !!!!! :censored:

for any worker from u2.com who is reading this, I´m going to write this in my own language Spanish, so at least take care and translate it !!!! :mad:

¿Qué mierda pasa con U2? de verdad, ¿quiénes se creen que son ?. Ha habido una falta de respeto imperdonable con los fans en todo este tiempo, privilegiando las tarjetas de crédito, los dólares en efectivo, dejando de lado a los fans que no tenemos todas esos recursos económicos. !!!Qué hipocresía más grande y estúpida !!!. Mientras Bono habla de "drop the debt" y cómo ayudar a los países del tercer mundo, el sólo quiere en realidad quedarse para siempre en ese trono de champagne, caviar, habanos, alcohol y dinero, y desprecia horriblemente a los fans que no poseen todo el dinero que él quiere que le den. ¿para qué entonces hablar de los países del tercer mundo y la pobreza?, para ganar premios Grammy gratuitamente con cualquier nueva mierda que saquen como How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. La codicia expresada por Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry y Paul es repugnante, ofensiva, hiriente, salvaje. Aquí no importa mentirles a los fans una y otra vez con "best album", diciendo historias inventadas como el "New album Stolen", "demo leaked", etc, haciendo millonarias inversiones para corporaciones de magnates multimillonarios como iPod o Apple Tunes, lanzar miles de "collector´s editions" con libros vacíos, llenados a última hora sólo con estúpidos dibujos, lanzando un infomercial de 49 minutos salido de All That You Can´t Leave Behind, sin ni siquiera contener las letras del album, decir una y otra vez que son la banda más grande del mundo, etc.
Y ahora más encima cobran en su sitio internet, realmente es asqueroso, no tiene nombre. Me duele enormemente por que yo amaba a U2, a ese U2 que vino a Chile a reunirse con las madres de los detenidos desaparecidos durante la dictadura de Augusto Pinochet, a ese U2 de la bandera blanca, a ese U2 que criticaba abiertamente a George Bush padre, a ese U2 activista.
Ahora sólo quedan unos viejos imbéciles que fingen ser U2 usando ridículas poses de Rock Star, que no se atreven a estar en contra de George Bush y todo su terror internacional que ha sembrado, sin importar Iraq, Afganistán, Africa, Colombia, etc.
Si todavía tienen algo de dignidad, cosa que lo dudo, retírense y dejen a los fans en paz, ya han robado suficiente dinero.

thank you ponkine, will you be signing? :) i think i sent you PM on poplemon BTW, im not sure if it was you or not, i just send pms to all the newbies.

I disagree with some of the things they are doing at U2.com but I don't think this is the way to address the situation. Some friends of mine have simply been e-mailing the band's management to let them know what they think. I haven't written my note yet because I haven't figured the whole thing out, I'm still a bit confused about some of this stuff. The important thing to me is still that I absolutely adore this album, adore the band, and can't wait until I see them in Atlanta in March. Everything else is just details.

ramblin rose said:

Yep. One more reason I wasn't a big fan of the old Zootopia and like the new one better. I am a paid U2.com member BTW. I disagree with the people who say it's not worth it. I love it. I get to see the videos and have run into other fans from my little neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom