Perfect pairings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I was listening to one of my mix CDs, and I was thinking about live pairings of U2 songs that work so well. What are some of your faves? Mine:

MLK/One Tree Hill
Bullet/RTSS/Streets
Please/Streets
Bad/Streets (Streets works so well with everything)
Until the End of the World/New Year's Day
Discotheque/IYWTVD

Best-
October/New Year's Day

Also, I think a few lines of A Day Without Me might work as an intro to stuck ala "When Will I See You Again" and "In My Life" or would the two suicide songs be too morbid?

Some of my favourites;

An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart - the ULTIMATE connection
11 O'clock Tick Tock --> The Ocean
I Threw A Brick Through A Window --> A Day Without Me
October --> New Year's Day
MLK --> The Unforgettable Fire
Desire --> All Along The Watchtower
All I Want Is You/Bad/Please/Running To Stand Still --> Where The Streets Have No Name
Exit --> Van Morrison's Gloria --> In God's Country
Mofo --> I Will Follow
Miami --> Bullet The Blue Sky

I love all of the live pairings. U2 are absolute masters when it comes to flowing songs together. My absolute favourite is the amazing All I Want Is You/Bad from 20 October 1989, Sydney.

I agree U2 are excellent when it comes to having songs flow into each other. There could really be two separate categories - ultimate live perfect pairings and ultimate studio perfect pairings. In the thread "U2's sexiest song" two of the most popular choices were Your Blue Room and If You Wear That Dress. I find that these two flow together perfectly.

UL I see Fishersville just got its own Sheetz, now you can avoid the one at the Stuart's Draft exit;)

Miami into Bullet is probably THE most intense live song connection they've ever pulled off, but any song into Streets is really breathtaking.

U2Kitten said:
UL I see Fishersville just got its own Sheetz, now you can avoid the one at the Stuart's Draft exit;)

Holy shit you remember that. Now that's amazing. I haven't been through Fishersville for a while. I'm on campus, and my family lives in Waynesboro now. So I usually just get gas at the Sheetz in Staunton, despite the evil incident of 2 years (gasp!) back. Or at any local gas station in Bridgewater. But I knew Fishersville was getting one, but just slipped my mind. And your memory of trivial posts from a generally ignored Interference vet amazes me!

RickFly said:
daddys gonna pay/lemon

I don't think that really counts, considering that MacPhisto's speech came between those two songs.

Lemon/WOWY was fantastic, though.

Bad/Streets
Please/Streets
All I Want is You/Streets
Discotheque/Velvet Dress
Pride/I still haven't found what I'm looking for

Axver said:

I don't think that really counts, considering that MacPhisto's speech came between those two songs.

Lemon/WOWY was fantastic, though.

I dunno. I've never liked the MacPhisto approach on WOWY. Thought it was miles better on PopMart, and that wasn't my favorite either. :slant:

UnforgettableLemon said:

Holy shit you remember that. Now that's amazing. I haven't been through Fishersville for a while. I'm on campus, and my family lives in Waynesboro now. So I usually just get gas at the Sheetz in Staunton, despite the evil incident of 2 years (gasp!) back. Or at any local gas station in Bridgewater. But I knew Fishersville was getting one, but just slipped my mind. And your memory of trivial posts from a generally ignored Interference vet amazes me!

I'm dangerous, 'cause I'm honest;) (and have a tape recorder for a memory)

So you're going to Bridgewater College?

Back
Top Bottom