people, you gotta stop dissing Elevation video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
come on, guys...it's NOT bad.
the video is accompanying the action movie.

so, that means action, right?

and you get action.

that means scenes from the movie, right?

you get that too.

that means special effects, right?

you get that too.

personally, i like it for what it is: fun, fast, action packed video. that explosion is one of the best i've ever seen.

it also includes one of my favorite sequences in U2 videos ever : Bono's "woo hoo"s right before the explosion. he looks so ... victorius there. it makes me wanna get up, jump and scream : "go Bono!!! go U2!!!"
also, i've never seen anything like that "love, lift me up of these blues" car closing up on Bono. impressive...
let's not forget the "bad U2 vs good U2". also, i don't think anyone else has done anything like it.
or that giraffe walking alongside Bono. when have you ever seen anything like that?
and who could forget that cute wink by Edge?
smile.gif

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

But can you explain the giraffes and flying elephants?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

hmmm... and why does the video have to accompany the movie? I guess it's not that bad, but I would have prefered something else, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me is also from a film (a mediocre film) and it's an excellent video, this is not

Amen u2girl! Its a fun video,any band that does a video for a film you are always gonna get scenes from the film in it.I have Elevation on DVD and watching it with the sound cranked up its brill! are U2 not allowed to make a fun video once in a while or should they all have some serious message in them?

Ya know, I've been sitting here reading all of the posts dissing the Elevation Video and I agree with you, u2girl...love it for what it is...

Think about it...I think they did a pretty good job with the whole movie/song thing seeing as Angelina Jolie didn't even show up for the shoot...

3 more things about this vid...
1. I love the way Edge is sneaking around with Jolie..the wink!
smile.gif

2. The car exploding behind Bono...that's cool...
3. Larry is just hot in general...
biggrin.gif

Thank you U2girl!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Only U2 fans can dislike a video which got their band 4 nominations in the most famous award show.

If they make meaningful video like Walk On (US ver) its tagged as boring, if they make an action packed video supporting a video game movie its tagged as cheesy.

Maybe we thnik too much

------------------
THNIK

I love that video!!!!

Two words:

Evil Bono
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Well I like the fact that Larry is either on a motorcycle, or in leather.

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Yeah, but with all the special effects, you'd think they could have made Evil Bono's legs look real when they had that shot looking down at the ground. I mean, seriously, it looks so fake.

and the giraffes thing--- I love Adam, the man is too cool for words, but I think certain members of the band have an unhealthy obsession with the creatures.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

and the giraffes thing--- I love Adam, the man is too cool for words, but I think certain members of the band have an unhealthy obsession with the creatures.

[/B]

He'd like to be a giraffe anyways, because then he could meet other giraffes. As for obsession, if u had a shot of tequila everytime Sparky is involved with a yellow cab, or Larry saying the word TECHNOLOGY, you'd get buckled in about 5 feckin' minutes! *LOL*

biggrin.gif

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

its very 'Im-here-and-may-be-quite-tired-but-if-I-stick-a-feg-in-me-gob-I-can-look-quite-sexy-while-signing' - Madie on one of the pics of Sparky

Originally posted by sharky:
But can you explain the giraffes and flying elephants?

giraffe: well, remember the shot right before the one Bono walking next to the giraffe? when he's running and stopping before a window?

a) the "evil" U2 closed the giraffe inside and "good" Bono saves it and helps it escape.

or

b) it just looks cool, no big idea behind it

as for the elephant: "evil" U2 threw him into the air.

or

the animals and "evil" U2 are references to Zoo tv and cool looking, 90's U2.

------------------

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-05-2001).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Wow, I'm surprised you know what dissing means.

wink.gif

i sure do.
i'm full of surprises, aren't i?
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-05-2001).]

i think it's a kick ass video, especially the face off bit. Funny, and cool. Lighten up! Not meant to be art or anything, just fun!

I like the video... I always laugh when the bag of groceries dances around Bono--produce air suspension... there's nothing this man can't do!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

I like it--it's their funniest video ever. I don't think that hurts sometimes. I just about killed myself laughing the first few times I watched it. Then annoyed my friends by repeating "This is EEEEEEVIL BONO...we have the Edge...we want the key..." etc.

I haven't seen the new Stuck video yet
frown.gif
Actually, I never saw the original one either, which was probably cooler.
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
In time you'll see that some things travel faster than light
In time you'll recognize that love is larger than life
And praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt
And bends the shape of things that haven't happened yet

-Neil Finn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom