People who don't like these 3 classics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All 3 are top songs, however, on my I-tune playlist, With or Without You doesn't appear in the top 50...... I'm tired of it. But if I hear it on the radio, I don't switch station.....
To me, Bad remains the fresher of the 3...... I LOVE IT!

All top tracks, as are Beautiful Day, ISHFWILF and so are all the others mentioned.
I honestly can't believe that Pride gets bashed at all, ok, its a bit dull live, but the original is earth shatteringly good, even 22 years later.
Regarding Bad, the first time I was truly captivated by U2 was at live aid, my brother videod it and i must have watched Bad 1000 times. Then i got hooked on the wide awake in america version which is even better IMO. It was only in 87 that i heard the original version, and it has always paled beside the live versions for me. But i still love it.

gman said:
I honestly cant think of a u2 song i dont like as hard as that may seem to believe. I like the 3 songs mentioned however...........i feel there is far too much faith shown in certainly WOWY and especially Streets in the live shows. I think its time they was put back in their box for a while. There are any number of u2 songs that could take their place and merit an airing.

From one Gman to another, I agree with you 100%
Must be our Celtic connections dude!!

Screwtape2 said:

Exactly, ISHFWILF doesn't hold up over long term listening. WOWY, Streets and Bad work because they are vague lyrically and so they apt to have a deeper meaning for a listener. Songs like ISHFWILF, Vertigo and Beautiful Day don't or won't survive constant listening because they are so superficial lyrically.

Although its a song i dont listen to anymore,probably for the same reasons as you, I think that in the future ISHFWILF will be looked back upon as the most popular and famous U2 song of all.

Back
Top Bottom