People Bashing Bono for Being on the Cover of TIME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
If you agree or disagree with Bono being on TIME, here's your chance to write something in a non-U2 board. Click here to comment (you will have to subscribe to post). Oh, and since this isn't a U2 board, try to write something that reflects an open mind, not just die-hard fanatical drivel.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 02-26-2002).]

I wasn't aware that Bono had much control over it.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

U2s highest Grossing tour ever is still the 1997-1998 POPMART Tour at 171 million dollars in Gross from 93 Stadium shows with a total attendance of 4 million.
ZOO TV is highest in attendance with 5.3 million from 157 shows.

There are actually a few people there that applaud him and U2.
How thick was the guy talking about where he read Bono saying his lyrics "are stringing 2 words together"? Some people still don't understand this concept that brains are for thinking with.

Originally posted by STING2:
U2s highest Grossing tour ever is still the 1997-1998 POPMART Tour at 171 million dollars in Gross from 93 Stadium shows with a total attendance of 4 million.
ZOO TV is highest in attendance with 5.3 million from 157 shows.

Actually the Guinness Book of World Records says that PopMart holds the record of the tour seen by the most people worldwide. So, PopMart, the Flop of a tour, was seen by more people than any other tour in history.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Well the Guinness Book of World Records is wrong. Amusement Business tracks the concert industry worldwide and records number of tickets sold and Gross made and ticket price every week. The top 50 Grossing concerts in the USA are listed in Billboard magazine every week.
I have looked at the Guiness Book Of Records and it in some cases its more about tabloid and selling copies than actual facts. But not that withstanding, who ever is doing the research for the music part of the book obviously does not spend a lot of time doing it.
The number 1 tour of all time in terms of tickets sold is the Rolling Stones 1989-1990 Steel Wheels Tour that played 116 stadiums to 6 million people.
But U2 does have the record for the largest paying audiance to see a single band. Reggio Emilia in Italy, 150,000 people for a sold out performance at the Festival site to see only one band, U2!

Originally posted by STING2:
The number 1 tour of all time in terms of tickets sold is the Rolling Stones 1989-1990 Steel Wheels Tour that played 116 stadiums to 6 million people.

This depends on how you look at it. I think the Guinness Book Of Records does not count the Rolling Stones Tour as it was a different tour in Europe (where it was called the Urban Jungle Tour). OK, so they were promoting the same album, but with the name change (and I believe also some props were not used in Europe as the stadiums here were apparently too small) the Guinness people decided it was a different tour.

Still, I don't know if Guinness Book Of Records is right. IIRC, Garth Brooks had played to most people in the USA in 1997. But the reason he was not very high on the top gross list of 1997 was because he had lower ticket prices.

Nevertheless, only in the USA could they call Popmart a flop (as it sold out everywhere else).

C ya!

Marty

But U2 does have the record for the largest paying audiance to see a single band. Reggio Emilia in Italy, 150,000 people for a sold out performance at the Festival site to see only one band, U2![/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I don't agree with that ones guys comments on the Pop Tour. He said it was a "Bust". Wasn't it one of their most successful tours ever, highest grossing, took them to countries they never been to before?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom