Paul!!! I got your burned CD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Does the smiley at the title tell you how much i love it?

No?
smile.gif

Well, allright then, from song to song, here's a short review:

Spanish eyes (love the growling Bono vocal here, the song got me right at the first "we-hey-hey baby hang on!" part))

Walk to the water (incredible guitar work, very ethereal and floating feel to it. was listening to it last night just as the sun set down but before the clowds got the rosy color...beatiful)

Hold on to love (another great song, sort of non-U2 sound to it)

Sweetest thing (enjoy it, if only for the "i wanted to run but she made me crawl" verse. i couldn't choose between this version and the 98' version)

Christmas (Baby please come home) (i heard this one on the radio a few years ago, didn't think of it much then, but it grew on me now)

Everlasting love (lovely! i play this song the most)

Unchained melody (beautiful)

Deep in the heart (another amazing guitar work)

A room at the heartbreak hotel (very Rattle and Hum-ish, quite raw)

Halleluiah here she comes (instantly liked this one. again, not a typical U2 sound)

Night and day (just haunting)

Alex descends... (have yet to get used to this one. first, i was surprised because there was no vocal, and when the drums start at about 2:00 of playing time, i was thinking "aha, here come the lyrics" but as the song went on i was "what's that? no vocals?")

Lady with the spinning head and the rest of AB B-sides (Salome-Edge's backing vocals crack me up here: when he sings "shake it shake it shake it" it sounds like he's in this competition who can sing faster LOL, Fortunate son, Where did it all go wrong?) - instantly loved them, Salome and Fortunate son have a very interesting Bono vocal

Who's gonna ride your wild horses (beautiful version, soothing as opposed to the howling album version-the "deeper i spin" part is just magical)

The songs that are ringing in my ears the most are Walk to the water, Halleluiah here she comes, Everlasting love, Night and day, Lady with the spinning head.

I would post this Monday last week when i got the CD (when did you send it? i wasn't expecting it till later last week), but my computer got this virus and i didn't go online not to spread it.

I honestly didn't think i'd ever get to hear U2's B-sides... thanks again you're a sweetie, you know that?
smile.gif

ps: thanks for the cover of the CD work. very nice... i put the CD in an actual CD box, because i was afraid i might scratch it, taking it out from your package. The cover still looks great!
smile.gif

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-27-2001).]

thats fine, happy to share..
smile.gif

some of those are B-Sides only in name

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
thats fine, happy to share..
smile.gif

some of those are B-Sides only in name

There you are. Yup, pretty amazing stuff, considering it's "B-sides".

Back
Top Bottom