Overwhelmed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

as you wish16

The Fly
I don't know how many of you feel the same way, but after my first listen of the new album, I feel totally overwhelmed. There is NO way that anyone doing a review of this album off of just one listen could possibly be taken seriously. There is just wayyyyyy too much to absorb. To me this album has the depth and layering of Achtung, Baby!, combined with the sound of Joshua Tree.

This is an album that we will ALL think is a masterpiece after being able to take it all in. I know this because I listed to Vertigo and Miracle Drug when my wife came in, and we started it from the beginning so she could listen. My second listen of Miracle Drug just completely blew my doors off, I heard so much more on the second listen. It's a classic.

Anyway, my point is this will take awhile to digest, and I'm baffled that anyone who had just ONE listen of it didn't realize that.

You are absolutely right. I have listened to the songs several times now and I Still dont feel like I could write a review that was justified. There is no way I could have written anything after the firts listen.

Honestly, I'm a definitely not whimpy guy. But when I heard MD, I cried. It was that touching!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

It's like I'm a kid who got 10 new huge christmas presents on christmas morning. Overwhelming!!!

Oh man, boosterjuice don't feel bad about that! I did the same thing when I heard it I was in an emotional state that I cannot put into words! I was hoping I would noit be the only one so moved by this song! My expectations for MD were high and it surpassed them.

Back
Top Bottom