Outside Broadcast in DC- DVD recording

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
how was this recorded? it's obviously unofficial, but it look sreally professional, and at times you can see camera men on stage even. so how was this recorded? was it originally being planned as a video release, and then scrapped, and ulitmately leaked to us now? was it some really profession bootlegging fans? was it recorded for a tv special?

but it looks lile it was really professionaly edited together (like the flashing numbers on screen during the end of Until). is this merely a fan making this, or was it leaked out of U2's camp?

This show was never shown on TV in the US (or anywhere else that I know of).

It is pro-shot and pro-edited. Most likely leaked from the U2 camp.

...and I'm in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really good? As in, better than the Syracuse JT boot?

:hmm: I'm thinking about downloading it, but obviously it's massive, and I'd prefer that it be very good quality if I'm going to be downloading it.

Its not better than JT Syracuse.

Another way to see that it was not broadcast is that after almost every song the screen goes black. The quality is good but the actual performace is pretty average. U2 had a bad night.

The quality of the picture is very good BUT the direction of this concert is cold and lacking any atmosphere - maybe that's why it was never shown as I reckon it was all ready to be broadcasted but pulled by the band/management as it didn't capture the feel of ZOO TV (which Sydney and the ZOO TV US special certainly DO!)

This is what I have 'heard' but if anyone has any better info on this then please post here.

I actually prefer the audio boot :ohmy: :wink:

U2mixer said:
The quality of the picture is very good BUT the direction of this concert is cold and lacking any atmosphere - maybe that's why it was never shown as I reckon it was all ready to be broadcasted but pulled by the band/management as it didn't capture the feel of ZOO TV (which Sydney and the ZOO TV US special certainly DO!)

This is what I have 'heard' but if anyone has any better info on this then please post here.

I actually prefer the audio boot :ohmy: :wink:

I'm fairly new to learning about the ZooTV tour but what exactly is the Zoo TV U.S. Special that you're speaking of? I'd appreciate any information about it.

I have the Wash., D.C. ZooTV bootleg being discussed and U2 did seem a little 'off' that night especially on New Year's Day. Still, it's a nice momento to have an American video of ZooTV. I'd take a Desire/Ultraviolet encore to a Crashed Car/Lemon any day although the Zooropa leg's Mr. MacPhisto was pretty cool.

Yeah...it just wasn't a good night. Worst "Bad" to date in this show, I think...and a few other things, like New Years Day.

And WHAT?? Daddy's Gonna Pay/Lemon is way better than Desire/Ultraviolet. Though Mirrorball Man's version is better than MacPhisto's.

And the ZooTV special was show in the U.S. on Thanksgiving Day 1992, and featured about half of a ZooTV set interspersed with various interviews and random stuff.

thought it was a pretty decent show, but annoying the way the screen is black between songs, stockholm is a much better boot and show imo

tommycharles said:
And WHAT?? Daddy's Gonna Pay/Lemon is way better than Desire/Ultraviolet. Though Mirrorball Man's version is better than MacPhisto's.

:yes:

And what's this Stockholm boot I hear about?

adrobw said:

I'm fairly new to learning about the ZooTV tour but what exactly is the Zoo TV U.S. Special that you're speaking of? I'd appreciate any information about it.

as tommycharles says

tommycharles said:

And the ZooTV special was show in the U.S. on Thanksgiving Day 1992, and featured about half of a ZooTV set interspersed with various interviews and random stuff.

It was shown here in the UK on Channel 4 and I taped it straight off the broadcast (smug). Great picture but it's in mono - it WAS 1992 y'know!

As well as other performances it contains an awesome full version of BTBS>RTSS - the audio of this performance of BTBS>RTSS can be found on the Outside Broadcast bootleg in excellent sound quality - even though the Outside Broadcast bootleg is from a radio show and NOT this TV broadcast, the original recordings are from the same concert/source.

That Zoo TV special on MTV is WEIRD. The live stuff is good but the crazy Zoo TV filler is strange but sometimes funny. The Edge "Tank Interview" is very bizarre "You always remember the first kill". Also there was this thing where the camera is in Adams room and goes up to him while he is sleeping. Strange indeed but pretty good for the live footage alone.

I have the Zoo TV Special on an old VHS tape and watch it occasionally. It was a really cool special that had some of their live songs from one of the U.S. shows in 1992. Interspersed within it were funny skits and these bizarre Zoo TV News segments. They also showed some of the behind-the-scenes stuff going on at the massive show.

MTV was very big at that time and that show was very successful.. I can remember some of my friends saw it and were very impressed with the whole Zoo TV Tour and became bigger U2 fans because of it.

Back
Top Bottom