our newspaper says

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakedpony

The Fly
this is from The Philippine Daily Inquirer, one of the country's most trusted newspaper:

LOCAL PROMOTER WORKING ON A U2 CONCERT

As talk persisted among internet chat groups that U2 is set to
play in Manila, INQUIRER entertainment sought to verify this wild rumor.

The information we gathered was exciting enough to share with our readers. "Yes, we're working on it." said an officer of Concertus, an events,concerts and marketing affliate of MTV Philippines.

Unconfirmed date of the impending gig is sometime in October (the e-groups have not mentioned their sources- the same month the new album is set to be released.

take it for what it is...

I attached the article

Attachments

• u2 article.jpg
    u2 article.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
the release date of the album is based on rumors but it was established that Concertus with MTV Philippines is indeed working on getting U2 here for a show

:hmm: Well they could do a mini tour as the album is released, like they did with ATYCLB and Bomb.

U2girl said:
:hmm: Well they could do a mini tour as the album is released, like they did with ATYCLB and Bomb.

i seriously doubt that, maybe a mini tour in usa or uk, but in phillipines??

I promise you this will not happen.

I certainly hope U2 finally get around to playing the Philippines, and hopefully there will be a concert included on the next world tour. But there won't be a world tour rocking around come October. If you want to be optimistic, hope for 2009 or 2010.

Varitek said:
IS IT CONFIRMED!!1!!one!!

dude, it's a confirmed rumor, get it right

NSW: yes i think a couple are confirmed to be confirmed rumors, but the rest are just confirmations that the confirmed rumors are indeed rumors, and by rumors, i mean confirmed...

Last edited:
Rob33 said:

dude, it's a confirmed rumor, get it right

NSW: yes i think a couple are confirmed to be confirmed rumors, but the rest are just confirmations that the confirmed rumors are indeed rumors, and by rumors, i mean confirmed...

Thanks, I was confused before, now things are fairly crystallized.

They're not going to lug the tour out to the Phillipines for one gig in the same month the album is released in. If they get a show out there it will be part of a major tour leg.

Back
Top Bottom