Otto's pic of U2 at MSG in Rolling Stone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
on page 31, in their Random Notes section! Go Otto!!

You can see B singing his heart out on stage, the peopl ein the heart reaching to him and the firefighters and policemen standing behind him, holding American and Irish flags.

The article reads as follows:

When U2 returned to New York for three nights at Madison Square Garden in October, they wanted to make it special. And they did- knocking out emotional two-and-a-half-hour sets each night, including classic versions of "Angel of Harlem", "New York", and "I Will Follow" that offered a message of hope and healing. There were surprises, too. One night, Bono invited a fan named Ruth onstage to play acoustic guitar on a cover of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"; another night, he passed the mike to an audience member who proposed to his girlfriend. Bono also took a minute to give Rolling Stone a shout-out and thanks for championing the band's social issues. Later, he invited twenty members of the New York City Fire Department onstage for a medley of "Peace on Earth" and "Walk On." "They were special shows," says Bono. "It was amazing just to walk onstage and hear that noise. It was like New Yorkers were saying, 'We've had enough. This is how we party.' We felt privileged to be there." And by the way, boys: You don't have to thank us. Thank you.

------------------
And everyone needs the music 'cause everyone needs relief.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Didn't we all cancel our subscriptions when they sucked up to NSync and called U2 sellouts for selling Beautiful Day to "every" movie coming out in the summer?

lol- me too! they keep sending me warning letters and emails!

more cool news: Bono is listed as "people of the year"

"He's a prophet and a priest, a star and figure-head, a man who's used his strong, velvety voice to seduce and uplift both through music and political activism....." pretty long article, too
smile.gif

------------------
And everyone needs the music 'cause everyone needs relief.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

woohoo!!! so TWO interferencers made it into this issue of Rolling Stone: Otto and Ruth (aka, SadEyedLady)!!!! Congrats, guys!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

thanks for posting that, olive!

Yay Otto!
smile.gif

Is this the issue with Bob Dylan on the cover?

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

My subscription is still there, simply because I still enjoy parts of the mag. The AIDS article was very interesting, you should all read it. It's a question if AIDS #'s are inflated since they base it on "averages". Worth a read.

Well done otto.You got the shot of the man with the "velvety voice".I look forward to seeing it. I may have preferred it if Bob Dylan was actually on the cover...congratulations
smile.gif

Brittney is on the cover AGAIN?? Are you fucking kidding me?? She was on there 2 months ago...

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Yay Otto! It's about time his awesome work made it into as big a publication as Rolling Stone. And we can't wait to see your pictures from the rest of the tour, too, Otto! Congratulations!

Britney! Aghhhh! The sacrifices I have to make to support a fellow fan and a great photographer. Otto, next time you're in NYC, you're going to owe me a beer for this one!

Actually, I ran into Otto when a bunch of us were waiting to meet the band [unsuccessfully] after Letterman and headed off to dinner after that. Otto went to check some email, came back and told us Rolling Stone wanted his picture. So glad he got it in there!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OTTO!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You know I met Otto in Austin along with the others and he has this tag with pictures that he took autographed by the members and he showed me Larry's and I was like "um can I have it?" and he was like "no don't touch" LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
It was kewl...I think he thought I would rip it off his tag...but ME?? nah *whistles*
wink.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Didn't we all cancel our subscriptions when they sucked up to NSync and called U2 sellouts for selling Beautiful Day to "every" movie coming out in the summer?

I had actually just ordered my very first subscription from them just days before the posts about that started here. *lol* Figures!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Right on Otto. The funny thing about this is my friend wrote that article and needed some more info about the show, so he emailed me knowing I'm a big U2 freak, but was not at the show (I'm in Seattle). He couldn't get what he needed from U2.com so I let him in on a few of my favorite sites for information - this being one of them. Well I guess I'll have to pick up the new RS for reading material for the flight to Vegas tomorrow.
smile.gif
Se ya in Vegas!

Erik Bartlett
ebartlet@speakeasy.org http://216.254.9.187/u2.htm

Anyway, whorey Brittney aside, I got my issue today. Great job Otto!
biggrin.gif
Also the Bono article is pretty cool.

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
It's in the current issue with the lovely Miss Britney on the cover.

Oh wow!! I get an Otto picture, a U2 article, and a dart board all in one! LOL!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Originally posted by SkeeK:

Yes damn it!
biggrin.gif
I have to look at it on the news stance then! LOL

But that is so cool!! GO OTTO!!
wink.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Congrats Otto! Great picture especially since I found myself in it. Not that anyone would be able to tell that it's me but it is. I'm right there. Hee hee!

Back
Top Bottom