Other bands/artists who don’t like U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
We all know that not everybody has a fond opinion of the Irish fab four, and it includes other music artists. While bands like Coldplay are determined to follow in their footsteps, others are determined to spit at their face (not surprisingly, most of this hatred stems from Bono’s debt relief work and his associations with world leaders). So who are these bands and music artists who hold a low opinion of U2?

I saw an interview with Chumbawamba recebtly, and one of the members was so angry with Bono hugging Putin that she felt a strong urge to kick the television when she saw it.

sniggirb said:
Off topic, are you from Halifax?

LOL. Sorry, I'm not (I'm from Australia if anyone cares). I chose Halifax because it sounded "flashy" and more original than "U2fanNumber732654016".

Halifax, I read an article a year ago in some magazine, that Chumbawamba even wrote a song where Bono, Clinton and Gates die in some airplane accident!:rant: :angry: :coocoo: :tsk: :sad:

Halifax said:

LOL. Sorry, I'm not (I'm from Australia if anyone cares). I chose Halifax because it sounded "flashy" and more original than "U2fanNumber732654016".

hahaha.. Halifax is a cool place.

riderka said:
Halifax, I read an article a year ago in some magazine, that Chumbawamba even wrote a song where Bono, Clinton and Gates die in some airplane

Now that's just sick! Its fine that there not big fans of U2, but this is stretching things way too far! Bono is out there trying to change the world for the better while bitter and cynicle bands write songs about his death... :coocoo:

Halifax said:

I saw an interview with Chumbawamba recebtly, and one of the members was so angry with Bono hugging Putin that she felt a strong urge to kick the television when she saw it.

Chumbawamba...weren't they that band that had an amazing total of one hit song?

dandy said:
call me crazy, but i don't think henry rollins is a big fan of the boys.

"The vegetable?" - Bono

I don't know, atu2.com has a pretty good fans/not fans feature on their site. The famous people are easiest targets.

Last edited:
Chumbawumba really does suck. I'm not saying that just because of the nature of the thread. They're just REALLY appalling...a band best left in the 1990's with the rest of the bald hippies making a fuss about SOMETHING. They really were purile CRAP with ONE song at a respectable chart position...who thought they were in a position to talk about/make a fuss over anything after their one hit. rubbish. They've been going for a long time though, I respect them for that. :wink:

riderka said:
Halifax, I read an article a year ago in some magazine, that Chumbawamba even wrote a song where Bono, Clinton and Gates die in some airplane accident!:rant: :angry: :coocoo: :tsk: :sad:

Well, first off, who cares what they think? They've come back from the obscurity they came from.

Actually, Chumbawumba has existed since 1984, choosing to be more anarchist and independent than even Negativland. In 1986, they even released this album during Live Aid: "Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records: Starvation, Charity and Rock 'N' Roll -- Lies and Tradition." So, yeah, with an album like that, it's no wonder that they ripped apart Bono, Clinton, and Gates.

Anyway, the real point is that if you're all looking for negativity, you'll find it. And why the hell do you care if other bands/artists don't like U2? Jesus...not everyone is part of the fan cult that is Interference, and I think U2 has plenty of fans and plenty of money that they don't need those people anyway.

Melon

melon said:

Anyway, the real point is that if you're all looking for negativity, you'll find it. And why the hell do you care if other bands/artists don't like U2? Jesus...not everyone is part of the fan cult that is Interference, and I think U2 has plenty of fans and plenty of money that they don't need those people anyway.

Melon

yeah, really! There's always gonna be people who don't like what you like. Who cares! It's their loss. Fuck 'em. There's no need to be :sad:

There are two types of people who don't like U2:

1. The "I'm sure they're okay guys, but sorry, that music isn't my cup of tea" type. I have no problem with these people, they have the right to their opinion.

2. The "I hate these bastards so much I'm going to put up a website / write a song / put out an album / make a public statement on how much I hate these bastards" type. I can only shake my head in disbelief at these folks. How pathetic is it, to use up your time and energy on something you hate? :coocoo:

Then you have the lunatics who threaten to kill the guys... :yikes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom