OT but interesting (statistics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Since a few weeks I'm also checking out a site of a radio station consulting company (or something like that): SBR Creative (http://www.sbrcreative.com) I got interested because they sometimes have some Soundscan figures of debuts. Anyway, today I found a link to a survey (National Record Buyers Survey) that has some interesting points.

For one, they mention U2 as an example of a Pop Alternative artist. I'm not going to mention the whole survey (which can be found at: http://www.edisonresearch.com/R&RRecordBuyers.htm ) but here as some interesting results:

748 Persons were interviewed by telephone for the survey, aged 16-40. The interviews were done between May 18 and May 28.

- U2 were 4th on the list of 'intent to buy' (this is NOT to be confused with 'intent to supply
biggrin.gif
) with a score of 45 (% I assume) of which 12% 'definetely will buy'. Santana was #1 with 51% and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Faith Hill were #2 and 3. ('NSUCK and Michael Jackson were in the bottom third with 28% and 20% respectively)

-U2 tops the list in purchase intentions in the 25-34 year category (with 53% of which 16% definately) and is 2nd in the 35-40 year category (with 50% of which 13% definately). They are not in the top five in the 16-24 year category (Nelly, Dr. Dre, Chilli Peppers, Jay-Z and Destiny's Child)

-U2 also tops the list in the next CD you're most likely to buy. Again, they top the list in the 25-34 year category, but are absent in the 16-24 year old top 15 (Limp Bizkit tops that category)

- And finally, 9% of 16-24 year olds have not heard of Paul McCartney!

OK, so the survey is 5 months old, but still, can this trend last?

C ya!

Marty

P.S. SBR lists U2's Stuck In A Moment at #2 for their Best Triple A (including mentioning the acoustic version) and at #12 for their Best Modern AC songs. And they mention Peace On Earth as a song that every format can and should play!

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom