Original of the Species bashing thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2_Guy said:

I knew if i use the word "bashing" ppl like you and others (like Axver, U2girl, Ukitten, zero dude, u2s80sisdabest or whatever) would run to this thread. And i get a kick out of reading your responses ppl! I love you guys this much!

Don't pretend to be better than us, because you're not. It's sad that a "fan" of U2 has such a problem with not one, but two of their albums.

People like you, rhjbonovox or ponkine would not run to appreciation threads for ATYCLB/HTDAAB? Yeah right.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Don't pretend to be better than us, because you're not. It's sad that a "fan" of U2 has such a problem with not one, but two of their albums.

People like you, rhjbonovox or ponkine would not run to appreciation threads for ATYCLB/HTDAAB?

Is that all?

Your thread wasn't all bashing, you asked OOTS lovers what the appeal was and we responded.

So it's not like we were excluded and had to "run" in this thread. Lots of people get a kick out of the worshipping 90's trinity as well.

You also have a choice; quit bashing and posting negative stuff all the time or ignore us.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

It's sad that a "fan" of U2 has such a problem with not one, but two of their albums.

Yeah, it's sad. But that's just about what it is: sad, nothing more, nothing less.

But the fact that an U2 fan don't adore 2 of their albums (especially 2 albums that you love the most) comes as a shock to you, right?

I think it's sad that you have such a problem with Zooropa and Pop too... two of their albums...

PS: who's trying to be better than the other here, how do you make such assumptions out of the blue?

Well, considering ATYCLB and HTDAAB have so much of what made U2 famous in the first place, yes it surprises me that U2 fans would - not adoring is putting it mildly - hate them so passionately.

I don't have a problem with Zooropa. I like majority of the songs on it, and half of POP. Can you say the same for ATYCLB or HTDAAB?
I DO have a problem with POP's overhyping.

U2girl said:
Your thread wasn't all bashing, you asked OOTS lovers what the appeal was and we responded.

So it's not like we were excluded and had to "run" in this thread. Lots of people get a kick out of the worshipping 90's trinity as well.

You also have a choice; quit bashing and posting negative stuff all the time.

Amazes me how you twist and turn things we say in posts like this... all of the sudden the subject is changed and we start to reply all kinds of nonsense...

I said especifically to adecentmelody (who said i'm the same shit in every thread): you have the choice not to read my threads and reply to them! But if you think i'm the same shit too, the advice fits you: don't come in and post on my threads.

U2girl said:
Well, considering ATYCLB and HTDAAB have so much of what made U2 famous in the first place, yes it surprises me that U2 fans would - not adoring is putting it mildly - hate them so passionately.

I don't have a problem with Zooropa. I like majority of the songs on it, and half of POP. Can you say the same for ATYCLB or HTDAAB?

Yes, i can say the same about those 2 albums. If you scrool the thread (and others threads i participated) you would notice that i like those 2 records, i just don't drool over them. That's how big my love for U2 is.

I was referring to your post about using the word "bashing" that would make people run in here, yet you also specifically asked "what is the appeal, OOTS lovers" in the first post in this thread.
So no matter if I liked OOTS or not, I had every right to come in here.

Since I already replied to this thread earlier in page 2, I don't know why you had to bring up my name - and others - again, when you were talking to adecentmelody.

But if you think your own posts are nonsense, go right ahead.

(can you show me one of your posts that did not include ATYCLB and/or HTDAAB bashing?)
You do do this all the time, so if people replying to it bothers you - and it looks like it does, since you so patronisingly say "don't reply" - the solution is easy. Stop posting negative posts and everyone will feel better: you will have less replies and others won't get mad.

U2_Guy said:

Yes, i can say the same about those 2 albums. If you scrool the thread (and others threads i participated) you would notice that i like those 2 records, i just don't drool over them. That's how big my love for U2 is.

Yeah, ok.
I guess THAT is why you spend so much time attacking those albums.

U2girl said:

Since I already replied to this thread earlier in page 2, I don't know why you had to bring up my name - and others - again, when you were talking to adecentmelody.

Go read my reply to adecentmelody again and see that i didn't bring up your name or the name of others. Stop twisting everything. It's on page 4, go there and read.

Also, go to page 4 and see how i feel about the last 2 albums.

Read it b4 you reply.

U2_Guy said:

I knew if i use the word "bashing" ppl like you and others (like Axver, U2girl, Ukitten, zero dude, u2s80sisdabest or whatever) would run to this thread. And i get a kick out of reading your responses ppl! I love you guys this much!

I was talking about THIS.

U2girl said:

(can you show me one of your posts that did not include ATYCLB and/or HTDAAB bashing?)

No, i can't cause i'm not a premium member and i can't find posts.

But, yes. Once i posted the links to the pictures of the place where U2 took the pics for the album cover (a restaurant/club in Cascais, Portugal) but nobody replied and it had very few visits.

I posted pics of my collection too, and of my room (who i made as an U2 Museum) and nobody seemed to care too.

And other non-bashing posts during the last 2 years... But you ppl love my bashing threads, they get the majority of responses, right?

U2_Guy said:

Dear Adecentmelody:

What do you know about me? Ah, you read some of my posts and you think you know all about me?

This place needs ppl like me, rjhbonovox, ponkine to show to some of you (believe me, they need it) that the kings aren't always wearing clothes. We are as much of a fan as most of you (in my case, i've already said, i have a room in my house for U2 things, and i call it an "U2 Museum" and i have appeared even on local newspapers. You ppl say i hate the last 2 albums. I don't hate them, i just think they are very safe U2, but in comparison with the reality that surrounds us, they are good records, and i bought the collectors IMPORT edition with book and the local dvd/cd, as well as the 3 singles for Vertigo, all IMPORTS).

So shut up your mouth and quit disrespecting me. I'm the easy target for obtuse users, i understand that. And i like being that way. If i ever did personal attacks that's because you ppl started first (like yourself, coming to my thread and saying that i'm shit).

You gotta a choice: don't come in to my threads. Whenever you see i started some thread, run like you run from the devil.

But i know you won't... You probably love reading them, don't ya?:wink:

And since you brought it up (I mixed up the names of posters before), I thought this post was very offensive. Especially the "shut up" and "you gotta choice" paragraphs.

Buying an album doesn't prove you like it - and you clearly don't.

Re: Re: Original of the Species bashing thread

U2girl said:

And THIS.

Hmmmmmmmm...so what?

I said E S P E C I F I C A L L Y to adecentmelody (who said i'm shit 24/7), not to you: run from my posts if you think they are shit!

Don't be such a mess U2girl...

U2_Guy said:

No, i can't cause i'm not a premium member and i can't find posts.

But, yes. Once i posted the links to the pictures of the place where U2 took the pics for the album cover (a restaurant/club in Cascais, Portugal) but nobody replied and it had very few visits.

I posted pics of my collection too, and of my room (who i made as an U2 Museum) and nobody seemed to care too.

And other non-bashing posts during the last 2 years... But you ppl love my bashing threads, they get the majority of responses, right?

More like because there aren't any, but never mind.

Pics? U2 Museum? What does that have to do with not liking ATYCLB or HTDAAB?

Since months, if not longer, all you do is bash U2 and their music after 2000. You piss people off, and that's why they respond.

U2girl said:

And since you brought it up (I mixed up the names of posters before), I thought this post was very offensive. Especially the "shut up" and "you gotta choice" paragraphs.

But you didn't find offensive when adecenmelody said FIRST that i'm only shit in every thread, right? But you do find it offensive when i tell him to quit offending me...

U2girl, my dear, i won't discuss with you anymore... It's useless... You really mix things up, twist and turn...

Re: Re: Re: Original of the Species bashing thread

U2_Guy said:

Hmmmmmmmm...so what?

I said E S P E C I F I C A L L Y to adecentmelody (who said i'm shit 24/7), not to you: run from my posts if you think they are shit!

Don't be such a mess U2girl...

:banghead: One more time...

YOU said you started a bashing thread so me and others posters would "run" into it.

Yet it was also YOU who said "OOTS lovers, I ask you what is the appeal of this song?"

So...who are you kidding here?
People would come in here no matter what, and they posted both positive and negative thoughts on this song.

And you think we don't know that "run from my posts" applies to others too, not just adecentmelody?

U2girl said:

Pics? U2 Museum? What does that have to do with not liking ATYCLB or HTDAAB?

Nothing, but you asked if all of my posts were about ATYCLB/HTDAAB bashing and i said they were not...

Twisting things again...

U2girl, you're acting like that girl who have a crush on the boy at school but somehow you are always antagonizing me in search of my attention. But look, i have a gf, ok?:wink:

U2_Guy said:

But you didn't find offensive when adecenmelody said FIRST that i'm only shit in every thread, right? But you do find it offensive when i tell him to quit offending me...

U2girl, my dear, i won't discuss with you anymore... It's useless... You really mix things up, twist and turn...

He did not say you are shit. He did say it's the "same shit, every thread".

You called another poster "child" first and you started the personal attacks. You also said "quit disrespecting me" which is again, a lot different to "quit offending me" as you claim now.
You also said this forum "needs" the likes of you three to apparently show as U2 is capable of failures - which most of people saw with POP.

Can you blame him? The fact is all of your posts since HTDAAB came out ARE bashing U2.

Too bad you didn't keep your promise, too.

U2_Guy said:

Nothing, but you asked if all of my posts were about ATYCLB/HTDAAB bashing and i said they were not...

Twisting things again...

U2girl, you're acting like that girl who have a crush on the boy at school but somehow you are always antagonizing me in search of my attention. But look, i have a gf, ok?:wink:

LOL, you are holding on to straws.
Of course you have U2's albums and U2 stuff - don't we all?
But also, all of us don't need to put down U2's albums we like less all the time.

:lmao:

It would appear you want attention of others, and so you focus on negative things. You said yourself "I get a kick out of your replies."

Last edited:
I'm going to close this thread if it continues on its personal argument course and can't get back on track.

As for people's fandom - I do not particularly love ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and I would be very offended if someone questioned my U2 fandom b/c of it. Interference is a second job for me - I do it out of grand love for U2 and U2 fans - so I would say my heart is most definitely with U2, even if I don't love everything they do.

So let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?

Aardvark747 said:
...I wondered why I needed an paracetamol after listening to it...:eyebrow: :wink:

LOLOLOL

Yeah, i'll concede that: the ending is much more fun than the start... LOL

I like the guitar at the end but Edge did it b4 on WTSHNN so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom