Original ATYCLB Track Order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Unfortunately, posts before october 2001 in everything you know was wrong are not available. I even did a search and was unable to find a post about the original ATYCLB track order.

So, I'm sure this has been asked numerous times (yet I can't find it for some reason), what was the original track order for ATYCLB before it was released?

Thanks

1. Beautiful day
2. Elevation
3. Walk On
4. Stuck in a Moment
5. Peace on Earth
6. Kite
7. New York
8. In A Little While
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look At the World
11. Grace

U2Soar said:
1. Beautiful day
2. Elevation
3. Walk On
4. Stuck in a Moment
5. Peace on Earth
6. Kite
7. New York
8. In A Little While
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look At the World
11. Grace
That's a waaaaay better order. It spreads out the weaker songs, allowing the album to balance out better. Another point: I used to play around with the track order and found out 'Wild Honey' is much better in the first half of the album than the 2nd half. I would consider switching 'Peace on Earth' and 'Wild Honey' in this tracklist....et voila!

i agree michael griffiths. i actually have ATYCLB burned with this track order, along with TGBHF and b-sides. i found myself actually listening through the whole thing.

Yeah, I once had a copy of ATYCLB that included 'Stateless' and 'Ground Beneath...' as well as the b-sides. It was great! And in total seriousness, I think ATYCLB would have been a MUCH better album had it included 'Stateless'.

I originally thought The Ground Beneath Her Feet was officially on the album and then realized it was only the Australian version. Without TGBHF, the album is so incomplete. I love that song!

Last edited:
Michael – I agree with you about flipping Wild Honey and Peace.

How about an ATYCLB Double Album? A.) With a few different versions for a change of pace / a breath of fresh air? B.) With the precursor, predictor, indicator songs – Sweetest Thing and Don’t Take Your Guns? (We shouldn’t have been too surprised with ATYCLB since Bono and Eno early on were talking about creating songs filled with “joy.” And the famous line from Larry after Pop: “We should actually make a pop (music) album next time.” Ignore the lyrics of Don’t Take Your Guns. It’s dripping with sunshine – oozing with joy.) C.) With the B-Sides and the songs slated for it i.e., Ground Beneath and Stateless? I think Stateless and Falling fit well with the “God section” from track 14 – 18. It’s not a rock album. It’s not experimental album. It’s not a very dark album. It’s not what U2 typically does and it may not be our preference. Yet, it is something different for them and for us. As U2 said in interviews it’s like their go at making one of those early fun pop albums that the Beatles and The Beach Boys made.

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation (Tomb Raider or Biffco?)
3. Walk On (Single version with the Hallelujahs)
4. Stuck in a Moment (J Mix – alternating between album & acoustic versions)
5. Summer Rain
6. Sweetest Thing (1998 version)
7. Wild Honey
8. Don’t Take Your Guns
9. Kite
10. New York (Nice version from ES single)
11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
12. In A Little While
13. Always
14. Peace on Earth
15. Stateless
16. When I Look At the World
17. Falling At Your Feet
18. Grace

Last edited:
I've messed with the track order a lot on ATYCLB.

I have two versions- a pure one (only original tracks) and one with b-sides, etc..

Here is the track-order I've finalized on. It really sounds great.

Beautiful Day
Kite
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Wild Honey
New York
In a Little While
Elevation
When I Look at the World
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Grace

This order places tracks in a better position to flow into each other as well as spread out the balance of the album. I enjoy it much better, and actually give the entire album a higher rating like this.

Elevation naturally bleeds into WILATW which naturally transitions into POE which of course segue's beautifully into Walk On - which itself will forever be burned into my mind as a closer.

New York is placed as a transitional song on the album much like it's meaning, while Beautiful Day still opens the album followed immediately by Kite which makes for a very powerful opener.

Wild Honey and IALW naturally go together, but follows better after SIAM. And, I've always felt that IALW and New York go together in a way- brother songs, maybe? Maybe Bono was out partying in New York during the song IALW? Good stuff.

Last edited:
Id have it:

1. Elevation
2. Wild Honey
3. Beautiful Day
4. Stuck in a Moment
5. New York
6. Peace on Earth
7. When I look at the world
8. In a Little while
9. Kite
10. Grace
11. Walk On

U2Fan101 said:
Unfortunately, posts before october 2001 in everything you know was wrong are not available. I even did a search and was unable to find a post about the original ATYCLB track order.

So, I'm sure this has been asked numerous times (yet I can't find it for some reason), what was the original track order for ATYCLB before it was released?

Thanks

There is no original order of ATYCLB. If anything, there were rumored original orders of ATYCLB, but none was "original". Everything you've read so far is nothing but hearsay. I suggest you just burn ATYCLB in the order you prefer then you're good to go. The ORIGINAL order is what appears on the album. Anything else is fabricated.

Cheers,

J

I kind of touched upon this in another thread but here’s the track order I came across that made me appreciate the album more.

http://forum.interference.com/t99912.html

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Peace On Earth
4. Stuck In A Moment
5. New York
6. In A Little While
7. Wild Honey
8. Kite
9. When I Look At The World
10. Walk On
11. Grace