Only 1 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kakvox

Refugee
If U2 could only play 1 song from their catalogue, which one would they choose to best represent themselves as a band (I am thinking of this question in relation to the song they would play at the rock and roll hall of fame induction).

My choice: One

"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other."

Touch

or

They usually play three and air two.
I say it'll be Pride/Streets/One
or Beautiful Day/Streets/One

And they'll air Streets and One

UnforgettableLemon said:

Wait! Isn't that a double entendre for masturbation?!?! :wink:

Just kidding, I would vote for One too. It is so universal in meaning. It's still one of my favorite U2 t-shirts - one in different languages and but not the same on the bottom.

The universal hit would be Pride, the emotional hit would be One and the new hit will be Vertigo.

I see them playing a new song in their RnR HOF set...which I'm betting will be longer than the normal set at the RnR HOF show.

mmmm ... considering this Bono´s voice :down: :tsk: I wouldn´t go with songs like Bad, Pride, With Or Without You, etc, etc.

I´d go with Running To Stand Still ( lovetown tour version )

:bow: :bow:

Still Running, Still Running ... :heart:

Streets/One would be the most soaring, beautiful representation of the accessibility and warmth and universalism of U2's catalogue.

Streets. I think it sounds more like a U2 song, even if the lyrics aren't as good as One.

Well, it won't be Beautiful Day, because the band has made it clear they don't want to be in any Hall of Fame, so to them it won't be a "beautiful day." :)

I think One is a good choice. Or I Will Follow.

But I would pay good money to see Edge walk up to the mike, look everyone in the eye...and start intoning Numb. :wink:

I think Where The Streets Have No Name would be my personal choice....but definatly One is up their as well.

With or Without You, everyone I know can associate with that song rele well, mayb i have messed up friends:wink:

miss becky said:
But I would pay good money to see Edge walk up to the mike, look everyone in the eye...and start intoning Numb. :wink:

Hee!

Or a nice version of Discotheque, complete with dancing and costumes?

My real money is on Streets or One. Personally, I think Streets is much better live, but One is definitely a better song if not the best of their catalogue.

discothequeLP said:
Things to Make and Do / Street Mission / Silver Lining / Lost on a Silent Planet

I love Things To Make And Do and Street Mission :drool:

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Every live performance thus far (Dublin studios/SNL/Jonafon Woss/Brooklyn Bridge) of this song has shown it to be more than just a song. It is uniquely U2. One would also be a good choice but I'd prefer them to play this as I feel it is equally good, if not better, and rather than delve back 14 years into their catalogue (for one) or 18 years (for streets) or longer for the early stuff which makes them seem a bit like dinosaurs.

Last edited:
I doubt they'll play Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, but it is an amazing, amazing song. Every time I listen to it, I hear that much more emotion, and it's that much bigger.

Back
Top Bottom