Only 1 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tennispunk said:

That's an interesting choice, given that its perfromance at Live Aid was what really broke them to the world. But, I believe they will play Sunday Bloody Sunday, Streets and One.

For me, it'd have to be "Bad." As Shade said, it was the song that REALLY broke the band, and I think it should be the ONE, so to speak.

That said, though....well, I'm fucking amazed that nobody has mentioned "'40.'" It has to be up there...doesn't that song pretty well sum up U2? I mean, the sound, the spirituality, the anthemic qualities, the often-sparse arrangements? It's all there...

Achtung Joshua! said:
I really hate the song One (always have and always will) so I hope they never play it live again. My vote is for BAD!!!

Wow, I have never heard anyone use the word hate in the same sentence as 'One'. :ohmy:

One song to represent them? How about Electric Co?

The song has energy, it takes you on a trip, there's unbridled passion there, reeking with raw emotion, and a killer guitar riff to boot. That sort of sums up U2 to me. It's certainly not the only song to exhibit these qualities, but I believes it does the best at "taking a snapshot" of the band.

U2 song, represent their first albums and Ireland shows.. Great guitar, classic live song since 1980 and less played than One, Streets or Follow:

11 O'clock Tick Tock :)

Vox

I can't decide between One, Streets, With or Without You, or as some have said, SYCMIOYO. I really like that but I don't think my opinion alone is going to make them play it. They seem to favor I Will Follow a lot lately.

as long as they dont play any of their new crap songs i dont care .

anything from achtung to boy is great some of pop.

but if they play any stuff of atyclb or htdaab :mad:

Last edited:
I think they'd want to play a song that's representative of their sound, that has powerful lyrics and that has all 4 members playing at their best. So I think the choices would be one of the following:

1.Pride
2.Sunday bloody Sunday
3.Streets
4.WOWY

All four songs have magnificent lyrics, great guitar, bass, and drum play wich shows of the talents of each individual as well as the group.

One for sure!

not my personal fav myself but I understand that this is probably the most universally known U2 song of all time.

Back
Top Bottom