Only 1 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about they do a "wrote-for-someone-else" medley? They can start with She's A Mystery To Me, suddenly flip into Mission Impossible, and then finish it up with Goldeneye?

One and Streets will get played, and IMO something from the new album.

All because of you is the new single in US, so it could be that...or Sometimes that has proven its power on both album and live.

I already posted that I chose One, but let me say why:

Streets is their best live song, Bad is my favorite song of theirs, but One is their all around great song. It is for a couple reasons. For one, it is just an unbeleiveably great classic, sonically and lyrically on various levels. 2, it is undeniably U2 sounding, but not necessarily 80's or 90's U2. 3, it is the song that allowed U2 to successfully make the jump from the 80's to the 90's. Without it, who knows if U2 would have succeeded with AB and followed up with their 90's catalogue.

Streets is without at a doubt their best live song at a U2 concert. I think part of that has to do with the audience. The goosebump moment in the song is during the feedback and crash cymbol moment when the lights come up and the crowd goes nuts. Everybody in the building is a U2 fan and Streets is the moment where it all comes together. With something like the RNRHOF you have industry people in suits - not the type or size of crowd needed for the streets utopia. I think that's why they never really play it other than a full blown U2 show (i know superbowl). the promo show don't even feature it.

Well, for the R&R HOF induction they should play I Will Follow, Streets, and One.

If I had to choose just one song it would be Where The Streets Have No Name. This song is a part of my soul.

Back
Top Bottom