One - What a great song..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The album version is brilliant.

If they only played it live as a relative rarity. Even just 1 in 6 concerts or something. If they only put the effort into it every night. On many nights it sounds like the most stale song in the whole set. That's a real shame.

It needs a new arrangement IMO, the traditional "let's get as near to the album version as possible" live sound is getting old.

I love the album version, and all the live performances except Vertigo Tour. My favourite is probably the ZOO TV version with Unchained Melody in the end.

But...
... Stay > One

:)

Notre Dame / Studio Version > any other live or cover version

notredame is amazing, with the violins, and studio... it's just 2 diferent songs, live and dead... is amazing :love:

what a fantastic timeless song indeed :heart: the problem is that it´s TOO OVERPLAYED both by the band and radio stations :(

I've always thought One was a bit overrated, if not boring. Ever since my early days as a fan. When I first got Achtung Baby, I expected to be blown away by it based upon the comments of people around the Internet. But I just...didn't...

Still, it is a lovely song in moderation. Beautiful lyrics.

GibsonGirl said:
I've always thought One was a bit overrated, if not boring. Ever since my early days as a fan. When I first got Achtung Baby, I expected to be blown away by it based upon the comments of people around the Internet. But I just...didn't...
:applaud:

Exactly my thoughts! Everyone kept saying it's such a beautiful song. When I at last heard it, it was a big disappointment.

I think it is going to be considered as U2's "Imagine", and just sort of to prove the point, on the 2nd anniversary of 9/11 the radio station played the first half of "Imagine" which eventually bled into the final chorus of "One" with audio snippets of news casts from that day, and from a speech from MLK i think.

Back
Top Bottom