One Tree Hill question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barlowdog

War Child
I bought the JT cd the day it came out in 1987. As most of you may be aware, One Tree Hill is cut off at the end so that it's ending is actually the beginning of Exit. A digital error, I suppose. I was under the impression that this was corrected at some point with later pressings of the disc, but I have yet to find one(can't say I've been looking all that hard).

Anyone know where I can find a complete One Tree Hill(5:23) without downloading it for free or ordering a Japanese import?

One Tree Hill or track 9 really only times out to 4:45 because the run to the ocean, run to the sea portion is cut off and tacked onto the beginning of Exit. In other words, track 9 skips to track 10 for the "run to the ocean" etc. section. The tracks length should be 5:23, but you only get 4:45 of it as a single track. It's a minor nuisance, mostly when I want to burn myself a mix.

My first JT CD was fine. However, that got scratched, and I had to buy a new one...and that one was messed up...I hate that. :crack:

I think that the Joshua Tree was remastered sometime, and although that version of it isn't incredibly common (sort of like the remastered War with the slightly longer "Like A Song..."), it indexes "One Tree Hill" and "Exit" correctly.

you could always edit the mp3s yourself if you want to do it legally. just take the beginning of exit (what's technically the end of one tree hill) and put it at the end of one tree hill. at least that way you'd have it to put on a cd. :)

Thanks, everyone for your input. If I can't find the remasters then perhaps I'll shall put Khanada's idea to use. For some reason, this is suddenly important to me.

My version includes the "run to ocean" as part of One Tree Hill. I guess that makes it remastered, but I don't really know. :shrug: I bought it from a used cd store.

Cool, never knew that about "One Tree Hill".

My copy is fairly new and has a 5:23 "One Tree Hill" inclusive of the "Oh great ocean" verse.

So I guess they do fix these things!

ALRIGHT!!!

I found a used copy at a local independent shop that has the mastering correction. Now I can rest.

Back
Top Bottom