One Tree Hill and Discotheque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
Now the drugs don't work, they just make you worse & I know I'll see you're face again...:drunk:

The Verve 'Drugs Don't Work', right?! I love that song... Good album... Just listening to it today...

This thread is hilarious - despite the fact that the person who created it was serious... (Feels somewhat bad at all the jokes being cracked at said person's expense, but can't help but laugh along). :|

schnazdoodle said:

The Verve 'Drugs Don't Work', right?! I love that song... Good album... Just listening to it today...

Yup. I love the song even though it is a complete rip of the chord structure, melody and rythym of Better Be Home Soon by Crowded House. It's still a delightful song. Great Album I concour. :yes:

And you give, and you give, and you give the drugs that don't work away to the wanderer ...

Alright, so the words arn't saying discotheque...l got that. btu the riffs that the edge is working with. Listen to it. You can't tell me that a band doesn't create something and go back and use it a good time later. The band was already talking about "dreaming it up all over again (12/28?/89). Its not unlikely that they were working on a more harder sound.

If you look at Dave Matthews band's Live release from Folsom Field (7/11/01) you can hear in the intro to All Along the Watchtower what will CLEARLY become Dave's first solo single "Gravedigger". Its not uncommon for any kind of artist to find something thats good...but just doens't work for the time period.

So in defense of myself and what you all feel is an insane proposal. Seriosuly listenin to what the edge is playing durring the solo in One Tree Hill...and then go listen to the Discotheque (the album version is the clearest) and tell me you don't hear strong simmilarities.

Also, if you listen very closely, you can distinctly hear pelvic thrusting.

You know I once heard the lyrics to Miami being uttered during a live performance of MLK from the Sun Devil Stadium during the Joshua Tree tour?? Anyone wanna go and listen to that track again for me??? :wink:

blahblahblah said:
You know I once heard the lyrics to Miami being uttered during a live performance of MLK from the Sun Devil Stadium during the Joshua Tree tour?? Anyone wanna go and listen to that track again for me??? :wink:

Poor MLK...

blahblahblah said:

Weather 'round here chopping and changing, MLK's in the air ...

I'm not the only one running to stand still.

We all try to copy Aardvark, and his was the best.

Discoteque, our sons and daughters,
Dressed up taken from us
Dancing to the beat

BOOOOOOOM CHHAAAAAAAAA, BOOOM CHAAAAA, Exit

timothius said:

Yup. I love the song even though it is a complete rip of the chord structure, melody and rythym of Better Be Home Soon by Crowded House. It's still a delightful song. Great Album I concour. :yes:

Didn't know that -- goes to listen to this song... :)

Edit - WOAH! You're SO right, haha!!! It's definitely the same! Oh well, still love the song... :)

Last edited:
schnazdoodle said:

Didn't know that -- goes to listen to this song... :)

Edit - WOAH! You're SO right, haha!!! It's definitely the same! Oh well, still love the song... :)

I still love it too...

I actually have a version of Neil playing in London back in 01 and goes into BBHS with the first few lines of Drugs. It's quite cute.

The Verve are still are pretty awesome though.

Back
Top Bottom