ONE thread to rule them all! - HTDAAB Bashing Threads... be scared, be very scared!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
Nah. I only did the paint job/graffiti on it. :wink:

u2 sux because their titles are too long. this is how their discography should've been...

Boy
God
War
Bad
Sun
Hum
Fly
Zoo
Pop

:drool:

to go against the morals of everyone who has posted here...

let's add

Day
Bom (? i'm insane)

:reject:

The two most recent albums are Soul and Kneel. U2's song titles are so long now. What happened to the basic three letter days? :sad:

I hate U2 for:

1. Taking too much time for each new album (4 years)
2. Wanting to please the overall crowd too much
3. Giving up experimental stuff
4. Bono always talking nonsense when speaking about the band's future activities
5. Bono's rock star image (his shades)
6. Taking too much of my time spending on a fan forum :wink:

Axver said:
The two most recent albums are Soul and Kneel. U2's song titles are so long now. What happened to the basic three letter days? :sad:

haha so in contrast, the last two have to be four-lettered

interesting :wink:

Considering the fact they took 4 YEARS in releasing a "new" album that actually does sound the same as ATYCLB, HTDAAB is undeniably their biggest artistic step back ever :madspit:

I still can't stand how badly have they turned in the noughties :mad:

ponkine said:
Considering the fact they took 4 YEARS in releasing a "new" album that actually does sound the same as ATYCLB, HTDAAB is undeniably their biggest artistic step back ever :madspit:

I still can't stand how badly have they turned in the noughties :mad:
lets not forget thats just your personal opinion,

Stop comparing U2 to Coldplay! Coldplay SUCKS. It's even worse than the noughty stuff, which should be called SHIT and CUNT. That's as polite as I'm getting. Bono, stop fucking around with your politics. Listen to your former self: "Your stick-on tattoos now they're making the news...Your sermon on the mount from the boot of your car." Get back in the goddamn studio with Rick Rubin, just Edge, whatever, someone other than EnoLanois, stay there for a few years, and come out with GOOD music!! And stop it with the speeches between songs! We payed good money to hear you sing, not lecture us!

u2thewho said:
Stop comparing U2 to Coldplay! Coldplay SUCKS. It's even worse than the noughty stuff, which should be called SHIT and CUNT. That's as polite as I'm getting. Bono, stop fucking around with your politics. Listen to your former self: "Your stick-on tattoos now they're making the news...Your sermon on the mount from the boot of your car." Get back in the goddamn studio with Rick Rubin, just Edge, whatever, someone other than EnoLanois, stay there for a few years, and come out with GOOD music!! And stop it with the speeches between songs! We payed good money to hear you sing, not lecture us!

WooT! That's exactly 50% true! :drool:

u2thewho said:

Pop/Please Bono would point and laugh at Bomb Bono, the politician.

:uhoh: Don't kill me guys. :wink:

tommyvill said:
I have to confess this album very much.
Not theirbest, but in the top 5, definately...

:up: No. 5 for me. Which isn't bad at all. It's great, really.

But we're here to mock U2!!! :rockon:

51461059_4191b0d1e7_m.jpg

:madwife:

Zootlesque said:

Pop/Please Bono would point and laugh at Bomb Bono, the politician.

...who is actually getting things done.

People only like politics in rock if it's bashing the president. They like the IDEA of rebelling against the government and all, that sort of punk idea, but actually trying to accomplish anything is uncool, especially if it involes working with "the bad guys."

AtomicBono said:

People only like politics in rock if it's bashing the president. They like the IDEA of rebelling against the government and all, that sort of punk idea, but actually trying to accomplish anything is uncool, especially if it involes working with "the bad guys."

:ohmy: you're right.

:reject:

AtomicBono said:

I admire what Bono's doing - really, I do - but in the end, the fact remains that first and foremost, Bono is a rock star and a musician, not a politician.

AtomicBono said:

Not necessarily. People really enjoyed the politics of Sunday Bloody Sunday, which was against a group who was against government. :)huh: ) Essentially, they were attacking rebellion. While it wasn't pro-government, it certainly wasn't bashing any leaders in government, like the President.

And Please was against the IRA too, NOT against the government or the President. Really, U2 has never had that punk ideology, I don't think.

phillyfan26 said:

Not necessarily. People really enjoyed the politics of Sunday Bloody Sunday, which was against a group who was against government. :)huh: ) Essentially, they were attacking rebellion. While it wasn't pro-government, it certainly wasn't bashing any leaders in government, like the President.

I suppose that's true, but generally rock bands don't support terrorism either, and if they do it's a bit frowned upon :wink: SBS is great, but it's essentially a "let's have peace, not war" song.

namkcuR, I really wish that someone else would do what Bono is doing. People are now - Bill Gates for example - but I think Bono has done a great deal to bring attention to the issue, more than most celebrities anyway. It's sad that the government needs a rock star to tell them to help Africa, but that's the way it goes I guess. I do hope that perhaps he really will do less political work and assume his role as frontman of U2 more fully this time around, but if he feels like he needs to continue his work in order to get things done for Africa, I won't complain.

phillyfan26 said:

and we all know that Bono has never bashed any world leaders.:wink:

What a city, what a night, what a crowd, what a bomb, what a mistake, what a wanker you have for a President. :shifty:

Last edited:
I admire what Bono is trying to do. I just don't think his political ambitions translate well to music. U2's best political songs (Sunday bloody sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Please) were all about the outrage and the frustration, and the helplessness because it all seems out of your control. Basically, it was a lot more pessimistic, and I naturally liked the angry passion that came out of it. In the newer political songs, the past aggression has been replaced with optimism (Miracle Drug), cliched oversimplifications (Love and Peace) and passive-agressive midtempo ballads (Peace On Earth, Crumbs). The politics are still there, but the fire has gone out. I would say there's been one solid song with political leanings, and that is When I Look At The World. I like Bono's attitude in it, because he's not trying to fix the world's problems; he's just admitting to a side of himself that isn't so optimistic and that envies those who ARE blind optimists. You could say the Bono in WILATW is wishing he could be more like the Bono in "Miracle Drug." And maybe he is more like Miracle Drug guy now. But...I thought the other Bono was more interesting and human! Now he's like Superbonochrist to the extreme.

ozeeko said:
I admire what Bono is trying to do. I just don't think his political ambitions translate well to music. U2's best political songs (Sunday bloody sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Please) were all about the outrage and the frustration, and the helplessness because it all seems out of your control. Basically, it was a lot more pessimistic, and I naturally liked the angry passion that came out of it. In the newer political songs, the past aggression has been replaced with optimism (Miracle Drug), cliched oversimplifications (Love and Peace) and passive-agressive midtempo ballads (Peace On Earth, Crumbs). The politics are still there, but the fire has gone out. I would say there's been one solid song with political leanings, and that is When I Look At The World. I like Bono's attitude in it, because he's not trying to fix the world's problems; he's just admitting to a side of himself that isn't so optimistic and that envies those who ARE blind optimists. You could say the Bono in WILATW is wishing he could be more like the Bono in "Miracle Drug." And maybe he is more like Miracle Drug guy now. But...I thought the other Bono was more interesting and human! Now he's like Superbonochrist to the extreme.

I definitely agree with that. The politics isn't gone, but the expression of their feelings is a complete 180. Your statement has opened my eyes! I feel enlightened :).

ozeeko said:

Sometimes I think we are the same person. I agree with everything you said! The fiery passion was what I loved in their old songs. You could hear it in Bono's voice in songs like Bullet, SBS, Like A Song, Silver And Gold and even Please! Now he comes off as too passive, like he's afraid to offend some world leader and as a result have his ONE campaign suffer or something. So, to me it looks like the music has been affected by his work. :shrug:

You cannot expect a person that is about to turn 50 to have just as much energy and youthful passion in his voice as a person in his 20s. At this point of their career, I'm satisfied if they just keep writing good songs.

U2Man said:
You cannot expect a person that is about to turn 50 to have just as much energy and youthful passion in his voice as a person in his 20s. At this point of their career, I'm satisfied if they just keep writing good songs.

you forgot "imo"

:tsk:

My problem is not at all with politics in the music, so long as the music is worth listening to; my problem is Bono's need to pontificate to the people at his concerts. I actually greatly admire what Bono is doing, but if I want to hear him TALK about Africa, I'll go to a lecture. If I want to hear him SING, I'll go to a concert. I just want Bono to realize that Bono-saving-the-world is different from Bono-fronting-the-greatest-rock-band-on-Earth. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom