One Step Closer Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually skip this song. I'll try harder to like, I promise.
(My husband overheard it... "What is he singing, one step closer to Norway?")
:scratch:

Best Song on the album imo, great little ambient number 10 times better than COBL:wink:

BEVERLY56 said:
I usually skip this song. I'll try harder to like, I promise.
(My husband overheard it... "What is he singing, one step closer to Norway?")
:scratch:

:laugh: one time when I listened to Yahweh I heard the lyrics as "Take this shirt/Polyester white trash made in Norway" and I got confused...I was like, what's so bad about Norway...?

AtomicBono said:
or maybe if they put it right before a real rocker, like Until the End of the World or something... can't you just imagine...

"one step closer to knowing...to knowing..." and then that screaming guitar intro to UTEOTW...:drool:

Yep...I can imagine that one...:rockon:

AtomicBono said:
I love it, very Velvet Underground. A good song for kicking back and contemplating life, seriously. I think it would work great if they played it before Sometimes on the tour... or maybe if they put it right before a real rocker, like Until the End of the World or something... can't you just imagine...

"one step closer to knowing...to knowing..." and then that screaming guitar intro to UTEOTW...:drool:

hell yeah that would be awesome...i was picturing it in my head with the lights maybe low and everything with a part of one step closer and then the lights exlode with the intro to uteotw....it would kick tons of ass..

MacPhistoPT said:
I’m on an island at a busy intersection
I can’t go forward, I can’t turn back
Can’t see the future
It’s getting away from me
I just watch the tail lights glowing

:up: :drool:

I agree that this song isn't thier greatest - but the first time I heard this song I was on Siesta Key (an island off the gulf coast of FL) and I was stuck in Snowbird traffic in a very reflective mood, so it kinda hit me on an emotional front.

Back
Top Bottom