One Step Closer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
wow just really fell in love with this simple yet beutiful song, i have always liked it, but not in a big way, and now its just hit me :) just goes to show

yep, its great. tyhe album wouldnt be the same without it. I think a lot of people will discover its greatness as the years go by.

Maybe...maybe not.

I don't dislike the song, bu I just can't get used to the boring and repeating chorus...

well, i'll put it on right now...one step closer to knowing

amazing song. I kind of have to be in a certain mood to listen to it, but it's truly remarkable.

it is a good song, but i think it is overshadowed by the likes of Vertigo, Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, COBL and Yahweh.

It certainly does not have the same impact (on me anyway) that Zooropa's 'The First Time' had.......

Last edited:
Some listeners are short-sighted. OSC is a beautifully, transcendant song, that goes way beyond is slow temp and understated vocal. It's a hymn that works much better than Peace On Earth or The Playboy Mansion. I'm glad they stripped it down.

OSC is a gem.....only U2 could have a catalouge w/ simple, soft, atmospheric songs that never see the light of day and no one, absoultely no one outside this little U2 world would know about

One Step Closer
The First Time
So Cruel
Love is Blindness
Heartland
Mothers of the Disappeared
Promenade
MLK
North and South of the River
Drowning Man
Tomorrow
October
Scarlet
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The OCean
Shadows and Tall Trees

It's endless........

Numb1075 said:
OSC is a gem.....only U2 could have a catalouge w/ simple, soft, atmospheric songs that never see the light of day and no one, absoultely no one outside this little U2 world would know about

One Step Closer
The First Time
So Cruel
Love is Blindness
Heartland
Mothers of the Disappeared
Promenade
MLK
North and South of the River
Drowning Man
Tomorrow
October
Scarlet
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The OCean
Shadows and Tall Trees

It's endless........

add velvet dress to that list as well

OSC is a good song. it's better than yahweh anyway.

Some people think it's soundtrak to coma (it's on that favourite page which is rediscovered each week :wink: ), but to me it's The First Time Part II... Some songs don't need ringing guitars and monsterous riffs, their beauty is so simple -- it amazes me.

popmart86 said:

osc is alright..but grace is good.

Please... OSC is much better than Grace. It doesn't have dumb rhyming sequences like blame-shame, walk-chalk-talk, hips-lips-skips-fingertips. God, does Grace suck!

Compare it with the genius of...

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain down on him
So let it be
So let it be

Sleep