ONE org. Volunteers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone ever manned a ONE - Booth/Tent at an event?

I wanted to get involved doing so and have emailed the one campaign with all the info needed and no one has gotten back to me yet.

So I wanted to know has anyone here ever done this before?

Honestly it's a lot easier to buy that ONE bracelet and stick it right next to the livestrong one and forget about it.

I’m also interested in hearing other peoples experience with volunteering for the One Campaign. A few months back I had wanted to get involved. I emailed three people from One who worked with groups in my region. I never heard back from one of them, and the other two emailed back with basically the same thing, “that’s great; we’d love to have your help. You should start a chapter in your area. Get a group of people find a place to meet and after you’ve done that we’ll help you promote it on our website and listserv”

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m not an extremely outgoing person and the idea of trying to start something all by myself scared the shit out of me. I’m a very hard worker and am willing to do a lot of things, but I know that trying to lead something is not a strength of mine. I basically wrote back saying that, but also adding that if they had other people in my area who they could connect me with I’d want to hook up with them and see what we could do to help. I also mentioned that I would be able to travel to surrounding areas to start getting involved with other chapters in Virginia and learn more about what would be involved in volunteering. After that I never heard back from either of the people who emailed me. I am a little confused as to why I didn’t get any response, because I wasn’t saying, no I don’t want to help, I was being honest about my abilities and what I thought I’d be good at and what I wouldn’t be

I didn’t do anything past that either (note to self: following up with the people from the One Campaign).

On that note: what have other people done to begin involvement with One?
And
Is there anyone in Richmond/ Central Virginia who is also interested in getting involved?

Last edited:
I am the same way you are pattip, I figured I would get people to help me friends and family and they would send the materials for me to set up. I wanted to do it at a family street fair that is a 2 day event. Its really a big event, over 120,00 people come through the area. Thats alot of signatures.:huh:

I too have had trouble hearing back from One. No worries though. Try getting in touch with other local special interest groups. For example, the local Oxfam here holds a booth on campus every once in awhile, and passes out One bracelets there and at special gatherings.

You're already knowledgeable about One.org, just join a similar group and be the One who talks about One...like the One Representative or something. :)

Patti, I live in the opposite side of VA, but I would've LOVED to join you!

Back
Top Bottom