One of their best! Almost as good as anything from Achtung!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I really think Fast Cars is one of their best songs ever! What a sexy intro... for starters! Then the song shimmies along to this awesome middle eastern dance beat and you can almost picture our boys in a hall full of pillars and violet colored see-thru curtains blowing in the breeze and this lone belly dancer almost wafting thru the center of the hall as she teases the Edge, Adam and then Larry! ;) And you can almost picture Bono singing 'All I want is a picture of you...' to this mysterious beauty with the veiled face... okay, I'm letting my imagination run wild here... :wink:

But you get the drift of what I'm saying! It's like the sexy cousin of Mysterious Ways :combust: and I love it! :love:

Seriously. I can't believe they didn't put on every copy of that album. Did anyone mention it in the sexiest songs thread? It's like a party in my pants and everyone's invited. So awesome.

Yeah, I don't know how I didn't include it in the sexiest song thread! I must've been too high on DYFL!

Fast Cars :drool: :drool: :drool:

I nearly cried when they played it at one of the concerts I went to. Oh man, that song is amazing live (despite Bono's small inability to remember the words in their correct order).

But I do think I was the only one in my general area who knew the words, because people were definitely looking around going, uh, what is this song? :wink:

there are some great moments in that song....they spent so much time on "xanax", then they threw this one together. Awesome!

I definitely prefer Fast Cars to Xanax And Wine! I think it sounds more original, more interesting, more sexy and the lyrics flow much better in time with the music.

:lol: I don't know why I've been appreciating 'teh sex' lately in U2! Maybe I should make a compilation CD of all these songs! :drool: :combust:

Great song! I love the Spanish flavor of the guitar, and the driving percussion. Much, much better than Xanax and Wine.

Great song, and to think I was there the first time they ever played it live! Ahh Toronto 1, that was quite a while ago now.

Today i'm actually using the song in a play for my drama class...music for the masses.

karls77 said:
I reckon it's the best of the Bomb tracks and gives me a bit of hope for their next release.

:yes: :yes:

I flipped when I downloaded the song and played it for the first time! It's probably my most-played Bomb song, next to COBL.

:dance:

Fast cars is fantastic!!! Most often played song in our house! :wink:

One of my favourites, too! And I don't think so your imaginations run so wild Zootlesque, or at least mine run just as wild....I nearly could see Bono in the tent of the emir, with Ofra Haza in the backing vocals, and a bunch of belly dancers dancing around as the sun sets somewhere in the desert....:wink:

My joint favourite of the HTDAAB era..great melody, lyrics and tone. If definitely feels a bit 90s U2-ish to me as well.

fast cars :drool:
very sexy song. the show I went to, I believe Bono pulled up Miroslava during it. she sure added some spunk to it with Bono :yes: :)
such a great song live

I really wish they put it on the US htdaab release though :|

This song is so amazing....Every time I listen to it I can't help but swing my hips and just let go... It is such an amazing song....
Zootles, great comparison to Mysterious Ways!!!:drool:

typhoon said:
It's like a party in my pants and everyone's invited. So awesome.

I can really see Frank Sinatra (aka, your avatar) saying that :lol:

But you're right about the sexiness. I find Native Son to be this way, as well. Actually, this album could have been much sexier. Thank the lord for the remixes, but why the hell didn't some of them make the final cut?

I'm swearing and derailing a lot of threads lately...carry on!! ;)

Zootlesque said:
:lol: I don't know why I've been appreciating 'teh sex' lately in U2! Maybe I should make a compilation CD of all these songs! :drool: :combust:

same here..
I've recently done so...:drool:

Do IT!

Back
Top Bottom