(One of their) best album(s)!?!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
You all had the chance to listen to it a few times by now. What do you think? Where does it stand? I think as an album this is one of their best!!!
My personal top three is AB, JT, HTDAAB.

What a fucking great album this is!!! AATYCLB has some great tunes, like Beautiful Day and Walk On, but it was a collection of singles. This is great as a whole. Not even one weak song!!

How can they do this? After more than 25 years.....still at the top and innovative (Love and Peace Or Else)

Yes, i think it is one of their best. As people have said, after listening to it, you just kind of wish you could give copies of it to everyone around and maybe this world would be a better place. Despite all the somewhat dark lyrics, after listening to the album, i feel very "hopeful". In that sense, i think this album actually differs from AB or JT. I can't say i feel that way after listening to them. Maybe it has to do with Yahweh being different than other closers, but i doubt its just that.

Hell, I think it's better than The Joshua Tree. It's moved up in my personal rankings, since yesterday. :wink:

1. Achtung Baby
2. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
3. The Joshua Tree

GibsonGirl said:
Hell, I think it's better than The Joshua Tree. It's moved up in my personal rankings, since yesterday. :wink:

1. Achtung Baby
2. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
3. The Joshua Tree

I'm one day before you:wink:

1. AB
2. ATYCLB
3. JT
4. HTDAAB
5. UF

I think it will move up a bit when I actually by it.
:drool:

Back
Top Bottom