one of my favourite moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junkydog

The Fly
... occurs on Pop, in the bare seconds of silence immediately after If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

I find this song really opens me up, its a beautiful piece of music that does something unexplainable to me - but its the pairing of this song with Please that tops it off...
as the song fades I'm just left there alone, feeling completely open and vulnerable. It s a strange sensation because im in the silence, anticipating the stark arrival of Please, which marches straight in and proceeds to break my heart with its utter despair, leaving me momentarily shattered, until the music dissappears.

strange, but for those few seconds in between, there is nothing in my world except for those emotions.

I think this is one of u2's finest theatrical moments.. may there be many more to come..

does anyone else feel anything here?

do other people find similar things in other u2 moments?

That's one of the underrated moments.
I love how One lifts the atmosphere and until the end of the world lifts it even more

I agree, One-Until the end of the world are IMO the closest they ever got to the opening trinity of JT, and the 80's classics.

U2 knows how to work their segues. Even their whole set lists build up to a moment. Love this band!!! :heart:

among many other moments, i get it everytime i listen to Ultraviolet from dublin zootv 08-28-93.
the hallelujah mix walk on too.
o, and the superbowl performance of MLK-->streets <3

I love the first rhythmic pounding of the drums (tom toms I believe) in Acrobat just prior to Edge coming in w/ the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom