One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Thought it was interesting the true meaning behind the song "One". Bono mentioned it in the Rolling Stone interview. No one could ever have guessed it. Everyone always thought it was the Berlin wall.

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
Thought it was interesting the true meaning behind the song "One". Bono mentioned it in the Rolling Stone interview. No one could ever have guessed it. Everyone always thought it was the Berlin wall.

SMB

What did he say it was about? I see it as a father/son song.

DignityPassesBy said:
Whats it about ... Isn't it a song about a relationship breaking up?

For what it's worth, that's always how I've taken it, and it makes me very :sad: because it cuts too close to the bone.

Yea, wasn't that a recent explaination? A son has AIDS and doesn't know how to tell his father. Or something like that. :huh: I'm pretty sure it has alot of meanings to each member, and each fan. U2 songs are cool like that. :rockon:

It's overrated.

I still like it.

But it's probably my second least favorite song on my favorite album of all time, ahead of only TTTYAATW

Exactly.

Especially with a song like One that can have so many meanings and levels, only seeing it as about whatever Bono wrote it about in the early 1990s is missing out.

If only the album version could hold a candle to the live version from ZooTV or the Miss Sarajevo single w/ the full orchestra....

I love basically every version from before 1995, but after that, it sounds tired out

except for PopMart Cape Town, the Slane DVD Version, and at Live 8

LemonMacPhisto said:
I love basically every version from before 1995, but after that, it sounds tired out

except for PopMart Cape Town, the Slane DVD Version, and at Live 8

Heard the Popmart Sarajevo performance?

It's the only version of One that I actually like.

Axver said:

Heard the Popmart Sarajevo performance?

It's the only version of One that I actually like.

I downloaded that concert recently, but I haven't listened to One yet

but I'll check it out

Back
Top Bottom