OMG: 'Kite' from WITS single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This Kite is lovely, but I prefer the Melbourne (?)11/18 version which seems more perfected. And no mention of Cate :)

ormy28 said:
Amazing version of Kite. Bit it has puzzled me for a while now... why the dedication to Cate Blanchett? Why?!?
Why not? They are friends. Bono always dedicates songs to different people.

Some of you people must be the bums I pass on the street every day begging for change if you cant afford 4 dollars for a single, pretty pathetic. Go ahead and download your torrent, but please spare the moaning and complaining about the music from now on since you got it as a free service anyway. If you are going to moan and complain about it...at least you should have something to complain about.

4 dollars for a 3 song single?

10 dollars for a whole album?

20 dollars for a DVD

75 dollars for boxset?

It's all relative.

I know where I live, I don't even get CD singles, where else can I get them?

Yahweh said:
Some of you people must be the bums I pass on the street every day begging for change if you cant afford 4 dollars for a single, pretty pathetic. Go ahead and download your torrent, but please spare the moaning and complaining about the music from now on since you got it as a free service anyway. If you are going to moan and complain about it...at least you should have something to complain about.

Yak yak yak.

I was gonna make this thread ages ago, but glad someone did make it! :up:

I love this version of Kite so much, I almost listen to it everyday!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

anyone who bought u2:18 should certainly not feel bad about downloading this. thats for sure.

U2Man said:
anyone who bought u2:18 should certainly not feel bad about downloading this. thats for sure.

that's totally fair.

:up:

if the record company wants to blackmail you, then what do they expect?

and my solution was to order the single, which was close to $12, but it got me the song i wanted off U218, as well as this divine version of "kite," which itself is worth $12.

Yahweh said:

I totally agree with your point, but yea, I'm sad... I spent 14,95€ on the three singles... and the thing is, I am happy about it too :wink:

Sorry to ask about all this discussion about buying vs dowloading, but I am in West Africa and you can't buy U2 CDs here, and shipping is very unreliable and super expensive. If anyone would like to send me Kite and Zoo Station I would greatly appreciate it, and needless to say I have spent thousands of dollars on this band already and usually buy everything they put out so...

e_lego@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Actually singles have gotton very reasonably priced, within the last 10 years. Even during the POP times you could expect to spend 10 dollars on 1 single and these were not even import singles, they are less then half the price of that now. If you cant go out and buy the CD because of where you live that is one thing, fact is though that most people want something for nothing. Music isnt important enough to people to pay for it legally for the most part. There was a reason that U2 stopped selling singles in certain markets though because not enough of the market was buying them so I dont blame them. The days of the CD single are almost in the past, which is a shame because we may never hear any real "b sides" again.

There was at least 30 copies of the single at the store I went to today, so the supply is their you just have to actually get up go out and find it in most places, then again their is always Itunes or Ebay, or Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom