OMG: 'Kite' from WITS single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hughfan_1 said:

That is stealing.

I can't find the exact quote right now but U2 actually approve of recording their shows as long as you are not selling for profit.

And torrents are clearly sharing and no profit is being made my anyone. Just sharing the music. Same goes for someone who has the CD single and burns a copy of a song to send to someone here.. It is SHARING..

Does anybody know if Bono briefly forgot the lyrics immediately after the "I'm not afraid to die" line? Or is the pause there intentional? It just seems like a strange place for a pause.

cdisantis83 said:
Does anybody know if Bono briefly forgot the lyrics immediately after the "I'm not afraid to die" line? Or is the pause there intentional? It just seems like a strange place for a pause.
all versions i have heard have a pause in that spot

cdisantis83 said:

he messed up.

adrball said:

he messed up.

KUEFC09U2 said:
all versions i have heard have a pause in that spot

:hmm: I brought this up in the other thread as well... So if its in more than one version is it really an error?

Was anyone at these shows to see what happened, did he do something visually that doesn't translate when listening to it?

elevated_u2_fan said:

:hmm: I brought this up in the other thread as well... So if its in more than one version is it really an error?

Was anyone at these shows to see what happened, did he do something visually that doesn't translate when listening to it?

I wonder if by this point he was already starting to fiddle with the kite.

I know in Auckland, the whole Kite thing was distracting me from the actual song. I was glad when they ended with OTH the second night.

MrBrau1 said:

You're insane.

Zoo had Bono doing that Irish banshee wail "I could have lost you".

It also had Larry's drums treated, and he attacked the intro to that song. Open high-hat mashing away.

He doesn't do that on the Vertigo version. No effects. No high-hat. No Bono wail.

Zoo Station has alway been Larry's song.

And he just doesn't play well on these new versions.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more.

i hope this version of "Kite" -- still the best song on ATYCLB -- is an indication of the new album.

emotional, powerful, and unspeakably gorgeous.

Irvine511 said:
i hope this version of "Kite" -- still the best song on ATYCLB -- is an indication of the new album.

emotional, powerful, and unspeakably gorgeous.

AMEN TO THAT:drool:

it almost made me cry as i was walking to work this morning, and i think the intro is among the loveliest things they've ever done.

i'm also a bit of an emotional wreck right now, but still, it is a pretty song ... ;)

I think some Vertigo Zoo Stations performances are good, but seriously, the vocals on this one from the WITS single are pretty bad.

Got my WITS cd in the mail yesterday and yes, ZS & Kite are both outstanding! Love Zoo Station! I'm so glad they decided to release this one from Vertigo. Good choices and they're not from an already release video or album!

I'm listening to this version of Kite right now, for about the 20th time. It is gorgeous, and epic. :yes: it would definitely make a great closer, I wish I'd have seen it. That song, in an outdoor venue, with him releasing the kite and all...:love:
Without the dedication to Cate Blanchett, though :wink:

MrBrau1 said:

You're insane.

Zoo had Bono doing that Irish banshee wail "I could have lost you".

It also had Larry's drums treated, and he attacked the intro to that song. Open high-hat mashing away.

He doesn't do that on the Vertigo version. No effects. No high-hat. No Bono wail.

Zoo Station has alway been Larry's song.

And he just doesn't play well on these new versions.

:up:

i don't get the excitement over the new zoostation version at all. it has never been one of my favourite u2 songs, but the vertigo version just seems dull. you quickly figure that it doesnt go anywhere.

now kite :drool:

Zoo Station is awesome, but is it just me or do the drums sound a bit off at the beginning? Kite, wow.. I'm still mad we didn't get it in Hawaii :mad:

kafrun said:
Zoo Station is awesome, but is it just me or do the drums sound a bit off at the beginning? Kite, wow.. I'm still mad we didn't get it in Hawaii :mad:

The drums in ZS sound dead in this recording.

I prefer Vertigo ZS but this isn't the version i'd choose to represent in a fight. To the death.

Back
Top Bottom