OMG: 'Kite' from WITS single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:
kite is awesome...Zoo station is ok....much better on the zoo tour...
QFT. Edge doesn't use as harsh a tone as he does on the ZooTV tour - different kind of overdrive and it makes my Zoo Station hardon flaccid. Same thing for Elevation Fly's guitar tone vs. ZooTV guitar tone.

Canadiens1160 said:
QFT. Edge doesn't use as harsh a tone as he does on the ZooTV tour - different kind of overdrive and it makes my Zoo Station hardon flaccid. Same thing for Elevation Fly's guitar tone vs. ZooTV guitar tone.

Sorry mate , but actually if u listen to the videos I posted , u may think that on the intro the 'gun part' is stronger on ZOO , but are just similar , but if u listen the 1st part after the gun intro , or the main chorus , u listen that the sound is flaccid on ZOOTV , not on Vertigo

I thought Elevation Fly's guitar was totally different, rather than just played in a different way?

Anyway, Kite is wonderful...
Tower of Song :eyebrow:

coolian2 said:

I haven't seen any versions of WITS in stores yet. I asked and nothing even came up in the system.

I will buy it from Canada , which has the best price so far I've seen , If only someone I knew could go and come back from Canada

thelaj said:
I thought Elevation Fly's guitar was totally different, rather than just played in a different way?

It was , different guitar , different effects setup . The only radical difference I can remember is Desire and WOWY on ZOOTV , and I will follow on Popmart

J_NP said:

It was , different guitar , different effects setup . The only radical difference I can remember is Desire and WOWY on ZOOTV , and I will follow on Popmart

Different key as well. Wasn't it in E during Zoo TV and A during Elevation?

LemonMelon said:

Different key as well. Wasn't it in E during Zoo TV and A during Elevation?

Not so sure now , It was E on ZOO but in Elevation ....

U remember the chords in the pre-intro of it in Elevation ?

J_NP said:

Sorry mate , but actually if u listen to the videos I posted , u may think that on the intro the 'gun part' is stronger on ZOO , but are just similar , but if u listen the 1st part after the gun intro , or the main chorus , u listen that the sound is flaccid on ZOOTV , not on Vertigo

Sorry mate, trouble is you posted a relatively weak version of one vs. a relatively strong version of the other so it's not quite an appropriate comparison. It's all subjective anyway, you like one better or you like the other better, there's no right or wrong. Personally I'll take the Zoo TV version of Zoo Station, and the Elevation version of the Fly. I thought both songs were relatively weak on the Vertigo tour, guitar-wise and vocal-wise.

You may return to your flaccidity discussion.

toscano said:

Sorry mate, trouble is you posted a relatively weak version of one vs. a relatively strong version of the other so it's not quite an appropriate comparison. It's all subjective anyway

Then get a " strong " version of zoo and a " weak " version of
vertigo mate , and see if that changes

It's not so subjective anyway , coz it's about guitar's strength , that's something can be measured , besides it's funny u saying now that is subjective after .......

toscano said:

the Vertigo Zoo Station is weak compared to the original Zoo TV version. Vocally, and guitar-wise

Changed opinion ?

J_NP said:

Then get a " strong " version of zoo and a " weak " version of
vertigo mate , and see if that changes

It's not so subjective anyway , coz it's about guitar's strength , that's something can be measured , besides it's funny u saying now that is subjective after .......

Changed opinion ?

It IS subjective. A guitar's "strength" isn't something you can measure. You can measure VOLUME, but that's about it !

What is it exactly you're looking to prove ? Just watch Sydney Zoo station, and Vertigo Zoo Station and decide which one YOU like best, it won't mean that's the right answer for anyone else !

I was referring to the tone on the overdrive he uses for said songs, no idea what you guys are on about about guitar strength.

Don't really want to post pictures of waves and shit.

toscano said:

What is it exactly you're looking to prove ? Just watch Sydney Zoo station, and Vertigo Zoo Station and decide which one YOU like best, it won't mean that's the right answer for anyone else !

I may like Best Sydney , but have to say that the guitar in Vertigo sounds stronger , meaning with more distortion , with more sound , louder but with the same volume of zoo

Canadiens1160 said:
I was referring to the tone on the overdrive he uses for said songs, no idea what you guys are on about about guitar strength.

Nor me. But I'm sure he'll post a video to prove his guitar can bench more than my guitar.....

J_NP said:

I may like Best Sydney , but have to say that the guitar in Vertigo sounds stronger , meaning with more distortion , with more sound , louder but with the same volume of zoo

was the amp turned to 11 though ?

When is it released in Australia? It only just charted in the UK last week, there's no sign of it so far...

Which shows are Kite and Zoo Station from? I just couldn't believe I heard Kite live...from the moment it was announced that U2 would be coming to Australia I hoped against hope against hope against hope that Kite would be played but I was doubtful because it hasn't been played all tour. And then when I heard that it was rehearsed in Brisbane I almost died...it means a lot to me this song.

Then to hear it live...

It was the single greatest moment of my life so far.

So anyway, when is it released in Oz? Is there a DVD single as well? What's the tracklisting for the two different CDs?

hughfan_1 said:

I just find it amazing that people think music is free. I really feel bad for all the artist out there.

Yeah I feel bad about the thousands of dollars I've given to U2...............

Who knows where their next million is coming from, time for a tax-shelter move........

Btw, is it just me or does the Nov 10th version of Kite sound better than the Nov 11th one that made it to the single?

Back
Top Bottom