Omg!fuck Yeah! I Have Them All!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
YES YES YES YES!!!!

Sorry but it is very VERY difficult to contain myself at the moment!! My music store has just had its delivery of next weeks releases...and I have them all!!!
All 3 versions, and the Vinyl!!!!!!!!! I have heard Vertigo, and the Radio 1 songs...so I have loads to go and enjoy now!! WISH ME A GOOD TIME!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :dance: :dance: :yikes: :combust:

Congratulations!
I want the vinyl as well... I love vinyl!

There's a little bit of Edge's banjo playing on the dvd. Very funny!

Right, here we go (If anyone cares!)

Vertigo - Cool song, great guitars, good start to the album

Miracle Drug - Amazing on first couple of listens (and hopefully future ones!) Vocally and lyrically good

SYCMIOYO - Beautiful ballad. Sod the debate about this and ONE, they're both different, and both wonderful. And I will still be loving this one in 13 years time. The falsetto chorus is just :drool:

LAPOE - Great hook to the song. I can understand the Zeppelin references to this one now. Should sound cool live

COBL - Powerful song to rival STREETS (not now, maybe in a few years time) Love the long intro, which builds beautifully.

ABOY - Nice riff again from Edge, not sure id like to see this one as a single (though I think we will) in that respect, it would be too similar to VERTIGO. By that I mean that they've already released a 'rocker' to get the masses attention. Id go for SYCMIOYO next

AMAAW - My favourite so far. I cant really explain why. I think the lyrics really hit home for me personally at the moment, with things that are going on in my life (I know! Boo-fuckin-hoo!):wink:
It's also so different from anything ive heard from the boys, for a very long time. I love it.

CFYT AND OST - Both of these have yet to grab me by the bollocks and take me anywhere yet, but it's only been one listen for each of them so far, and at the moment, there doesnt seem anything bad about either.

OOTS - Ive loved this song since hearing the live Apple version. It's wonderful. Beautiful music, beautiful lyrics. Only thing is...I think the "De dit dit" bit is gonna have to grow on me!:wink:

Yahweh - After all the reviews on this one, I wondered how I was gonna react to it, and I can tell u now, that I love it. Imo, it's the best closer since LOVE IS BLINDNESS. No disrespect to all the others since then, but this song just took me somewhere, even on the 1st listen. Just Bono singing "Yahweeehh" for the whole song probably would've done it for me! The ending was very like STAY imo too. Great stuff.

Fast Cars - Nice bonus to have (would've liked Mercy too):eyebrow: but this is more than good enough. I love the way Bono sings this one throughout most of the song. Again, it's different to anything else.

All in all then, after listening only once, twice in a couple of cases, I can conclude that, for me this is a great album. I cant be assed to compare it to this an that, not just yet anyway. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more on first listen than ATYCLB (which I do love of course).
In fact, I cant believe that there's only 2 songs (CFYT and OSC) that im gonna have to listen to a few more times to REALLY start to love.
Cant wait to hear some of these live, it will be amazing.
For me, the hype has been worth every minute. It's a great record, and a wonderful return to 80's epic sounding U2.

9/10 - It WILL be 10 pretty soon, when CFYT and OSC have grown on me. :wink:

Last edited:
Hahah, dvd is just great, Larry is still wondering how they made Crumbs and The Edge playing banjo on Vertigo remix. :love: :laugh: :laugh: :D

omg, cant stop laughing

It's funny to me to hear people who are just now hearing the album, saying that CFYT and OSC are not grabbing them immediately. I remember most people feeling the same way when it leaked 2 weeks ago. Now those songs are at the top of a lot of peoples lists! It is cool to watch people and know that they WILL love a song that they only like right now.

One of the things I liked on the dvd, was Steve Lillywhite, saying that "We tried to stop Bono picking up a guitar, but some of it has slipped through onto the record"!

Im looking out for his little bits now!:wink:
Im sure he's scraping the guitar mid-way through AMAAW!

Oh, and the 'Banjo Version' of Vertigo with Edge and Bono is lovely stuff!!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
One of the things I liked on the dvd, was Steve Lillywhite, saying that "We tried to stop Bono picking up a guitar, but some of it has slipped through onto the record"!

Im looking out for his little bits now!:wink:

To help you out, Bono played additional guitar on Miracle Drug, One Step Closer and Yahweh.

He also plays piano, along with Edge, on COBL too.

I remember a story from not long ago - Bono came out of the studios during recording one day and announced to a fan "I'm learning to play the piano!"

Guess that was the result..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom