OMG! did anyone watch/tape Rosie O'Donnell???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OMG!!! I'm watching Rosie right now and these two bald guys who won this contest, were at the SuperBowl, and U2 was all over the place!!! These two gusy got to 'interview' Bono after the show and said "how did you like performing at the Superbowl and are you going to Disneyland?" And Bono sort of looks at the camera, grins and says softly (like he thinkin, WTF?) "I'm going to Disneyland."
biggrin.gif
It was great...then Bono dragged the two guys over to have a picture taken with ALI as well because she likes Rosie's show, holy crap!
eek.gif

I think I may have become a Rosie fan cos of this!
smile.gif

I saw it! those two guys were so funny, and seemed like real U2 fans, it was so great!
biggrin.gif

those guys were from the Amazing Race, oh and didn't he say that Kurt Warner(sp?) pulled them over cuz his wife liked the show; I don't think it was Bono

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

[This message has been edited by valvenus8 (edited 02-06-2002).]

Speaking of Rosie -

As her memoir is getting published real soon in which she finally "comes out" as a lesbian, how do you think the public will react? I've always known she was a lesbian, but those who might not, who are more bread-n-butter who luv her might have a prob with it. What do you all think?

why Zone, what you don't like the outspoken Ms. O'Donnell???
wink.gif
Yeah, me neither. I used to like her but she's gotten really um...WEIRD in the past couple years...along with Okrah!!!

Rats! Was it Kurt Warner's wife?? I must have missed that bit, sorry!! I was just so excited about seeing Bono, guess I got a bit sidetracked (easy to do!)

Originally posted by zonelistener:
DON'T DO IT DISCO!!!!!!

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Speaking of Rosie -

As her memoir is getting published real soon in which she finally "comes out" as a lesbian, how do you think the public will react? I've always known she was a lesbian, but those who might not, who are more bread-n-butter who luv her might have a prob with it. What do you all think?

It's a good thing her show is ending soon, because I think the moms who typically watch her show might have issues.

It's been the worst kept secret in daytime as far as I'm concerned. And did anyone see Will & Grace last week (?) when she announced that she was gay? (It was her character, but still...)

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

Uh...Rosie's Gay??
Well I did see Will and Grace, and, ummm...
things are looking a little clearer now.
(I'm scratching my forehead now)

Ah, I missed it, I'm not a Rosie fan but I don't have anything against her either.
Do they repeat her shows?
I know Oprah's repeated in the middle of the night.
Showbiz Ireland reported Helena Christensen was at Bono's home, helping Ali take care of the kids while Bono was at the Super Bowl.Ha!

well, im not sure whether i care if rosie is gay or not...i used to watch her all the time but i became annoyed with her when she totally went off on tom selleck on live tv about the issue of guns...not sure if i remember the whole thing, but nah, i wouldnt' become a rosie fan cuz of bono.

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Hey Disco-

At what point was the Bono segment???? 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter during the hour??? I don't get home until about 20 min. past it started so I need to know if I should run! lol
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
Hey Disco-

At what point was the Bono segment???? 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter during the hour??? I don't get home until about 20 min. past it started so I need to know if I should run! lol
biggrin.gif
Yah...good question...and I have some too..
Was the guest on the show for today Kevin Bacon?
You have me scrambling over here trying to find a tape for this...LMFAO!!
I have that Bell Express Vu thing...and it's say for today's Rosie that Kevin Bacon and the Muppets..something like that...
Is this the right show?
oxoxo
Autumn

Originally posted by U2SJ:
THANKS for the heads up, Disco!
THAT WAS SO AWESOME!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

this is great! still watching-

So it's on at about 1/2 past the hour????

sorry, Angel, its over now...
but yeah, they came on about 3:25ish...
that was hilarious - they really got excited over meeting Bono, great stuff!

25 after? I should just make it!!! Oh heres to hoping my tape is at the right place!! What a U2 freak I am.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
25 after? I should just make it!!! Oh heres to hoping my tape is at the right place!! What a U2 freak I am.
biggrin.gif
LOL..you just read my mind...I'm scrambling with tapes too...I'm taping right after the U2's Superbowl performance...and LOL...there is NO way in hell I'm taping over THAT with Rosie...
Just in case there are any Canadians here..if you have Bell Express Vu...a British Columbia station #243 to be exact is showing Rosie at 7pm(est)!!!
Woooohoooo!

I made it!
Watched it!
Taped it!
Laughed my head off! They were pretty funny guys, and that one dude is SUCH a U2 fan! Kudos to him!
biggrin.gif
(...and jealous as hell).

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Speaking of Rosie -

I think the bread&butter types who love her will not be the types to go out and read her book. They will remain in denial that someone that likeable could be a lesbian.

And yeah, like someone said, it is a good thing her show is ending or what happend with Ellen could happen with her although Rosie is a better entertainer than Ellen but you know what I mean.

she has a new book coming out, which apparently has the most orders on Amazon for a book not out yet they ever had. Because in it she finally discusses being gay, and her long time companion Kelly.

Which show is this, from today? Who was on it? Because they repeat them all the time. Those guys from the Amazing Race, the two lawyers who won it, or the two New York guys?

I saw it too! These guys were from the Amazing Race named Kevin and Drew. Rosie liked them since they were from New York and very funny. So she let them go to the Super Bowl. For anyone who missed it this is what happened. Kevin is a huge U2 fan and they were at the Super Bowl conference and Kevin got up and told the guys he was from the Rosie O?Donnell show, Bono nods and this is what was said

Kevin: Guys I can?t tell you what a thrill it is to be here, I?m such a huge fan. I?m shaking right now. You guys are unbelievable.

Bono: We would shake if we were before the great Rosie O?Donnell too.

(laughter erupts)
Bono: she?s our kind of girl .

Drew said Kevin was shaking that he thought he was going to pee on him.

Then they showed a clip of the halftime show. Then they show footage of Bono right after performing,

Kevin: Can you tell us how it?s like to play the Super Bowl and will you be going to Disneyland.

Bono: I?m going to Disneyland.

Kevin: Say hi to Rosie.

Bono: (looking into the camera) This is our man here, he?s your bodyguard and sometimes a girl needs a bodyguard, you know what I?m saying. We?re both available.

Kevin and Drew hug and Kevin says,
I can?t even talk, that was unbelievable. That is your Super Bowl MVP right there. Bono is it!

Then Kevin and Drew come out and talk to Rosie. She asked them what was their highlight and she says was it Bono? Kevin said Bono was it. Rosie said he?s (Bono) a good guy.

It was great. Bono can be my bodyguard anytime!

Originally posted by mmmBono:
LOL..you just read my mind...I'm scrambling with tapes too...I'm taping right after the U2's Superbowl performance...and LOL...there is NO way in hell I'm taping over THAT with Rosie...
Just in case there are any Canadians here..if you have Bell Express Vu...a British Columbia station #243 to be exact is showing Rosie at 7pm(est)!!!
Woooohoooo!

I missed Rosie
frown.gif
I didn't know that they were going to be on the show at all. The first I heard of it was tonight on the board. I have digital TV, but not timeshifting so I won't be able to get the repeat. I hope to see screenshots or something soon.

PearlJam_U2

Well, I really hope that no one really even makes an issue about her sexuality. Do we judge people because they are straight? Not in the slightest. I'd rather she be judged by her actions, such as her stance on gun control, rather than what sex she is attracted to.

If anything, I hope it dispells stereotypes that gays/lesbians cannot be family oriented, because, like her or not, she has always been very family friendly on her show.

Off the record, did anyone see the episode a year or two ago, where she was backstage with Britney Spears? She was soooo in love with her. It was cute.
wink.gif
That's when I knew she was a lesbian. Hooray for gaydar!
tongue.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

The Amazing Race was a really good show, after you watched one you were hooked. They went around the world in teams where they got clues about where they would have to go next. And they had to sometimes do awful things, like that walking into the Rat Temple in India. Those 2 guys from NY ended up third, got waylaid in China and Alaska, and the two cute lawyers from L.A. won over the couple everyone began to like so much. It was disappointing because she wanted the money for her kids, and the 2 lawyers won. They are doing another one. It's produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Anyway, I remember him wearing a U2 shirt at some point in India or somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom