omg!1 wut if i hait da album??!1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
it's time once again for dem darn predictions!

since i live in Green Bay, WI, we're going by central time.

What time(CT) will Vertigo be first played on the radio? keep in mind, if it's played in Europe, you can guess a certain time next thursday also.

winner gets a spot on my coveted "cool list".

good luck.

530pm Sydney 24/11
830am UK 24/11
330am NY 24/11
1230am LA 24/11

All based on BBC 1 playing it friday morning in their breakfast show.

that's the nice thing about living in the states. we might hear it thursday night here, depending on how early they play it in europe.

wait. does anyone know where in the world the day starts? i used to know this....

actually, i just researched my own question, and in sydney, austrailia, it's already 11:15am, saturday.

so assuming it premieres in sydney(hopefully), we may hear it thursday night in the states.

brownda, have you recieved any word on if Vertigo will be premiered in Sydney on your Friday morning?

Hey, Mikal, in your calculations, you forgot one country - New Zealand. It's another two hours ahead of Australia, and I imagine it wil be played during the morning in one of the major cities just as Australia begins to wake up.

Are there any Kiwis here on Interference? I've been in Australia seven years myself, so I'm no longer sure who will play it ... I only remember 91ZM in Wellington, and I've no idea what they are like nowadays. Maybe this is something to look into ...

Hey, I haven't heard anything.
I emailed JJJ (indy radio across australia) but got no response. I have uni all day although on friday so other aussies will be better placed than me to listen to their radios.

cool Axver! that should be the forum's goal for the rest of the week. make sure either New Zealand or Australia plays Vertigo early in the morning, so us spoiled Americans can get what we want, like always.:wink:

Hey,

Just found out that Tonga is the closest country to the international date line!

Midnight friday 24/11 in tonga is 7am thursday morning in NY and 4 am thursday morning in LA. 9PM thursday night in sydney HAHAH!!:lol:

But I don't the premiere will be on tongan radio though who knows with U2..............

There is no time in a place called Vertigo ------ or is it a man called Vertigo. ---------- Oh those damn clips.

Tonga, yes, is closest to the international dateline (actually, I thought Kiribati crossed it), but New Zealand is in the same time zone. When New Zealand is on daylight savings, it is the furthest forward nation in the world.

I'm heading over to the U2 New Zooland forum now to find out if anyone there knows when Vertigo will be played, and maybe even more crucially, if any will be recording it!

brownda7 said:
530pm Sydney 24/11
830am UK 24/11
330am NY 24/11
1230am LA 24/11

All based on BBC 1 playing it friday morning in their breakfast show.

:wave: Hi
I just read on U2achtung.com that a French station will be receiving the single at 8:00am on Friday. I believe France is an hour ahead of GMT, right? I'm also going to assume that they will be releasing it at 8am for all time zones. If Austrailia or New Zealand get it first, then we're looking at hearing it in some form around 3 or 4pm Thursday CT in the US. Anyone care to check my math?

why doesn't everyone just contact their local stations and ask?

*starts dialing phone to speak to retarded dj*

in NY, 92.3 krock says they "will play it as soon as they get it, but that may be on thursday".

Just a thought: would it be possible that the Vertigo will be sent around the world at the same time, since they are using that internet technology and not an actual CD? That would mean that it would be at different times in different time zones, but that everybody would get it at the same time. Then radio stations can choose exaclty when they'll play it.That wouldn't be surprising, IMO.

Does this mean we can start looking forward to HTDAAB bashing threads? :hyper: Oh I hope so, the Pop and ATYCLB bashing threads are so dull now! :sexywink:

ramblin rose said:
So for those of you from Australia/New Zealand, which of these stations with live feeds do you think would play the song:

http://www.live-radio.net/SearchRes...nd&OFee=Any&OSta=Li&Sta=&OPag=10&OCit=Li&Cit=

OK, NewsTalk ZB definitelly will NOT play it. When I lived in New Zealand, my mother listened to them every morning, and I doubt they've changed much since then. I highly doubt The Breeze will play it (I don't think Vertigo will constitute 'easy listening') and you can almost certainly write the Maori station, Ruia Mai, off the list too. I doubt Red or UP FM, the dance stations in Auckland, will play it. Can't see the country or jazz/blues stations playing it either.

So by process of elimination, I'd say the most likely to play it are More FM or ZM. Not sure whether listening in to Auckland or Wellington would be the better bet. By the looks of things, what one you select may be dictated more by your technology than anything, and I don't know how greatly the stations differ in programming in each centre.

JOFO said:
why doesn't everyone just contact their local stations and ask?

*starts dialing phone to speak to retarded dj*

I've emailed 8 local radio stations on Monday and have only heard back from 2 stations. One of the emails I received was automated; the other was an actual reply from a DJ, but they were very vague in their reply. I tried calling a few radio stations and was on hold for an ungodly amount of time. :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom