omg!1 wut if i hait da album??!1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

So by process of elimination, I'd say the most likely to play it are More FM or ZM. Not sure whether listening in to Auckland or Wellington would be the better bet. By the looks of things, what one you select may be dictated more by your technology than anything, and I don't know how greatly the stations differ in programming in each centre.

Well, I went on that ZM site and you can actually do requests and they have a write in option.

Maybe if you start writing in Vertigo they'll respond as to when/if they're going to play it.

ramblin rose said:

Well, I went on that ZM site and you can actually do requests and they have a write in option.

Maybe if you start writing in Vertigo they'll respond as to when/if they're going to play it.

Hey, that's a good idea. I might just look into doing that!

I'm in Sydney, and it's definitely being aired here on the Friday 24th as well. So yes, we'll be hearing it on Thursday night US time. I don't think they (Universal etc) would be too worried by that. It's only going to benefit us U2-heads and do no damage to their plans.

These are the stations that will play it, and their online availability...

Triple M - do not appear to be available for listening online, but for those in Sydney, they are the most U2-friendly station and will no doubt play it 5467 times a day for the first few weeks. On normal days if you go more than an hour without hearing U2 on this station then something is wrong. Give them Vertigo and it will be on the hour every hour. I'm not a huge fan of Triple M at all, but I'll be tuned in from the moment I wake up on Friday.

Triple J - www.abc.net.au/triplej - CAN listen on line. They will definitely play it, but not as frequently. Bit of a cheeky station, and if it was going to leak early, it will leak here.

Nova - www.nova969.com.au - CAN listen on line. Will definitely play it, and play it quite regularly.

2Day - can't listen online. Will play it, but not very frequently.

Are these stations actually going to stream the new single or are we going to get about 3.5 minutes of dead air on the stream when the single should be played? ---Just a thought...

It's the official release date for radio, so i would think it becomes open to being played whenever the station feels like playing it once they get the MP3. It should be aired like any other song on the station, which means part of the web audio stream.

U2dork said:
Are these stations actually going to stream the new single or are we going to get about 3.5 minutes of dead air on the stream when the single should be played? ---Just a thought...

it will be streamed, considering the 24th is the official release date.

Kansas City's 97.3 The Planet will be playing Vertigo a dozen times on Friday the 24th. The only question they have is WHEN they will receive the email from Universal with the song.

Rest assured, I will be listening, and I will record on cassette. Hopefully I can transfer it to cd somehow, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Any help on transferring from cassette to cd?

U2Fan101 said:

Any help on transferring from cassette to cd?

Take hammer. Smash cassette into as many pieces as possible. Place pieces on top of CD. Put CD in microwave. Nuke on high for 2-3 minutes. Cassette should melt into CD. Medium to high chance microwave will catch fire. Average chance microwave will blow up. If standing in front of microwave at explosion time, you will be in a place called Vertigo. Hello. Hello.

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/

This is a station in London I listen to that's availiable for listening online, it plays a lot of crap but plays enough good stuff for me to keep listening to it. I'm pretty sure they'll play Vertigo as soon as they can.

They also have a nightly 'most wanted' show where the 10 songs that recieve the most votes that day get played. If anyone wants to join me in tirelessly harassing them, no wait, I mean voting for Vertigo they'll hopefully at least say when they're going to premiere it. Here's the link:
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/shows/mostwanted/votenow.html

Join me! :macdevil:

Earnie Shavers said:

Take hammer. Smash cassette into as many pieces as possible. Place pieces on top of CD. Put CD in microwave. Nuke on high for 2-3 minutes. Cassette should melt into CD. Medium to high chance microwave will catch fire. Average chance microwave will blow up. If standing in front of microwave at explosion time, you will be in a place called Vertigo. Hello. Hello.

I can't stop laughing! That's fantastic!

Folks, I may have information on NZ radio stations pretty soon. Looks like More FM and ZM will be the best bets, and the copies of Vertigo are being hand-delivered to five stations by Universal reps in AUCKLAND.

More to come ...

Axver said:

I can't stop laughing! That's fantastic!

Folks, I may have information on NZ radio stations pretty soon. Looks like More FM and ZM will be the best bets, and the copies of Vertigo are being hand-delivered to five stations by Universal reps in AUCKLAND.

More to come ...

It would be great if you find out at what time ZM will get it (premier it). I've been testing their online broadcast and its fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom