"Old" people and music sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually used to lump Incubus with all the other rap-rock bands, especially considering their earlier stuff. But I really got intrigued by their newer stuff, and now I think they are one of the best bands out there today. They definitely have a unique sound, and I know they will be around for a while. The lyrics are great, and the music is top notch. And they sounded great live to boot.

Just remember to give bands a chance before you bash them ;)

Summer~Rain said:

I think it is, and that's not just wishful thinking! It looks like the new thing coming in is The Hives, The Vibe, the White Stripes and The Strokes. MTV lauded them at the end of the video awards show so I think they have deterimined this will be the 'next big thing' and you know that usually means something.

This is news? The Strokes have been the next big thing for some time now, I remember the discussions about them start of 2002.
They could sell ok for a longer period of time though.

People you gotta catch up. I don?t know what the next big thing will be, no one knows... I would have a few guesses in store after Bruce?s last album, very true, thoughtful stuff... could be a possibility.

Anyone heard JLo?s new song "Jenny from the block" or whatever? A mix of Boogie Down Productions? "South Bronx" and the Beatnuts?"Watch out Now".

Back
Top Bottom