old albums that need remastering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no seriously

all the albums from zooropa downwards all sound like typical 80s records these days

now in today's entertainment revolution in an age with home entertainment systems wanting to have crunchy sounds and smooth basslines to sweet songs, its time

the joshua tree is a good start, but seriously, ALL the albums, even October...

im not sure about what other bands such as the stones or the beatles have done with their back catalogue, but having thx sound effects is the way to go

This is a joke right? THX?

If you mean compressed to hell in order to make it "louder" then HTDAAB is surely your favourite album.

If you mean proper remastering, I guess they all need it prior to Pop.

All of U2's albums need remastering. With JT out of the way, the worst offender is quite clearly HTDAAB. It needed a remaster the second it came out, as it sounds like absolute shit. For example, I love Crumbs From Your Table, but I almost never play it because the clipping bothers me so much.

I agree wi Axver......i too really like crumbs...but it actually goes right thro me, like the scene in Jaws wen the dude scrapes his nails down the blackboard.:huh:

thelaj said:
This is a joke right? THX?

If you mean compressed to hell in order to make it "louder" then HTDAAB is surely your favourite album.

If you mean proper remastering, I guess they all need it prior to Pop.

explain clipping i dont understand

The question is though, which ones are actually likely to be remastered, ie, which ones are economically viable?

JT and AB without a doubt. Other ones i feel unlikely, particularly the early albums.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Even though that album isn't mastered very well, it's probably the best mastered album of all U2 albums...

I don't know if it's the mixes or the mastering or what, but that album, to me, seems like the worst sounding in comparison to its quality of songs. UTEOTW, The Fly, Zoo Station ... all good songs that didn't get proper treatment in the studio.

The epitome, to me, is the outro to UTEOTW.

Axver said:
All of U2's albums need remastering. With JT out of the way, the worst offender is quite clearly HTDAAB. It needed a remaster the second it came out, as it sounds like absolute shit. For example, I love Crumbs From Your Table, but I almost never play it because the clipping bothers me so much.
Exactly. Bring them all out on a SACD with DTS etc. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom